- Black Diamond Inc., in Salt Lake City, Utah, will appoint its current Vice President of Finance Aaron Kuehne to interim CFO of the company, replacing Robert Peay who has tendered his resignation from the position to pursue personal interests after 16 years with the company, effective March 15, 2013. Peay plans to remain involved with Black Diamond on a part-time basis through the end of 2013. Company officials plan to conduct a formal search for a permanent CFO, and Kuehne will be considered as part of that search.
- Oliberte Limited added to their sales team in the United States as the brand expands distribution to meet customer demand. Nick Robinson, U.S. wholesale manager for Oliberté announced the addition of five new independent sales representatives, including: Jimmy Ho (Northern California and Nevada); Jeff Boon and Patty Lenz with Cascade Associates (Oregon, Washington, Arkansas and Idaho); Alan Lasday (Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana and Minnesota); and Ben Phillips (Southeast).
- VF Corporation, parent to The North Face, Timberland and SmartWool, elected Matthew J. Shattock as a new director to its board. Shattock, 50, is the president and chief executive officer of Beam Inc., a spirits company. He has led Beam since 2009, which operates more than 20 production and commercial facilities around the world, and has a global team of 3,400 employees. At Beam, officials said Shattock successfully implemented a “Vision into Action” growth strategy that relies on creating famous brands, building winning markets, and generating fuel for growth through efficiency and effectiveness.
- Amer Sports Winter and Outdoor Americas appointed Evin Catlett as its new digital marketing manager. Catlett will lead, manage and execute holistic digital marketing strategies for the Amer Sports brand portfolio in the Americas. Catlett comes to Amer Sports from several years at Richter7, an advertising, public relations and digital communications agency in Salt Lake City, where she served as the social media director. Prior to that, Catlett worked as an associate publicist at Rubenstein Public Relations in New York.
- Igloo Products Corp., appointed David C. Thornhill as its new executive vice president and chief operating officer. In his new expanded position, Thornhill will have responsibility for day-to-day operations at Igloo and, with resident management, will execute the company’s short and long term strategic plan.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.