Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- Brick and mortar: Coalition Snow is opening a retail location called the "Clubhouse" in Truckee, California. "Not only will you be able to see, touch, and feel our entire line of skis and snowboards, you'll get to shop from an incredible selection of exceptional goods from other brands (mostly women-owned, we're proud to say)," according to the announcement. "And you will be able to rent and demo our fleet of skis and snowboards."
- Snow Peak in London: The outdoor lifestyle brand just opened up its three-story, 4,300-square-foot space in the St. James Market neighborhood. Take a look.
- Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) on Wednesday applauded the Committee on Small Business' initiative titled “Force of Nature: The Power of Small Businesses in America’s Recreational Infrastructure." Lindsey Davis, CEO of Wylder Goods, Co., testified at the hearing.
- Open registration: The SIA/WWSRA On-Snow Demo, the industry’s largest international on-snow demo returns to Winter Park Resort on February 3 and 4. Here's how to register.
- Thieves: Trailhead and Frontenac Cycle Sport in Kingston, Ontario, were robbed last weekend. Arc’teryx men’s jackets were the target—about $6,800 worth—along with bikes.
- Obituary: Curt Mueller, founder of Mueller Sports Medicine and a 2002 Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame inductee, died in his sleep on Oct. 19. He was 85.
- Arrive, the online rental service that was awarded 2019 Outdoor Retailer of the Year by Outdoor Retailer Association, has expanded its outdoor gear rentals to include premium snow apparel and accessories for kids, women, and men.
- Dahu, the Swiss ski boot, has named Progression Brands Group (PBG) as its global operating partner. Dahu, which was recently acquired by NB NewBoots SA, announced this strategic partnership with PBG today.
- The Running Event has extended its deadline to enter The Big Pitch to Nov. 8. The Big Pitch is the Shark Tank-like competition presented by Brooks and taking place during the 14th annual Running Event in Austin this December. The Big Pitch is open to stores with sales of less than $2 million annually and provides the opportunity to win up to $5,000 for presenting a winning idea to some of the best in the running business. The challenge: develop and share a campaign that would attract younger customers to their stores.