Jackson, Wyo. - March 14, 2018
Born at the base of Jackson’s best trails, peaks and rivers, outdoor apparel brand Stio creates premium, functional gear infused with mountain soul. This season, Stio draws inspiration for its new spring line from the ‘Surf Cowboy’ – an idea that brings together two iconic figures of the west and celebrates their love for adventure, connection to nature, adoption of new sport and independent, passionate spirit. With several collections and styles for life on and off the water, on the trail, or summit, Stio’s spring ’18 line is its strongest, most versatile spring collection to date.
“This spring, we’re extremely proud to introduce our largest spring line yet, with more breadth and versatility for all paces of mountain life,” said Noah Waterhouse, chief marketing officer at Stio. “We've combined phenomenal designs with the highest quality textiles and signature Stio detailing in a line that excels in the mountains, on the water and everyday summer life.”
Highlights from the upcoming collection, available now, include:
· The OPR Short: a thoughtfully designed technical mountain bike short for men and women, with a tailored, streamlined design, built to perform on Jackson’s local Old Pass Road trails and beyond. Created with Velos™ 4-way stretch woven twill fabric with DWR finish, the OPR features perforated panels for ventilation and a gusseted construction for unrestricted motion—ideal for long days on the bike. Paired with a Tipton Tech top, Stio’s new performance tech tee collection made with drirelease® with FreshGuard®, the OPR Short and Tipton make for the ultimate XC mountain bike kit.
· The Downwater Anorak: an essential new style for men and women, built with versatility in mind for easy transitions from the campsite, to the river, to a summer concert in town. Inspired by the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division, the Downwater Anorak is a modern take on the infantry’s anorak uniform, featuring rugged, waterproof nylon Guster™ fabric with DWR and UPF 50+ for ultimate wind, water, and sun protection in a pullover style, plus a fixed, brimmed hood and kangaroo pocket.
· The Rammel Blazer for men is made with the same Velos™ stretch twill fabric as the OPR Short and is the epitome of technical-meets-lifestyle. Perfect for bike commutes to the office or outdoor summer weddings, the Rammel Blazer is a light, packable, all-season jacket with technical features and a modern, fashionable twist. The Rammel features 4-way-stretch for freedom of movement, and an internal zippered security pocket features a cord port for headphones.
· The Ralston collection, complete with everyday staples, includes a canvas jacket for men and women, as well as a canvas skirt for women. Inspired by western workwear, the Ralston collection features a custom blend of durable, stretch canvas across the three styles for time spent traveling, at the office, or out in town.
· Featuring polo and henley styles for men, polo and tank styles for women, and a polo style for kids, the new Tipton Collection uses a slightly heavier weight fabric than the brand’s beloved Divide Collection for year-round use, while retaining the same drirelease® with FreshGuard® technology to dry 4x faster than cotton, plus UPF 50+ protection.
· Stio’s signature CFS Collection expands this season, with the addition of the CFS Board Short for women, as well as new patterns and colorways for all products. Made with the same stretchy, quick-drying, water-resistant Sphero™ HO Poplin fabric with UPF 50+ sun protection, the CFS Board Short is a summer essential for any activity in or around water.
· The Second Light Collection adds a new camo print across all styles, and expands to include the Second Light Pullover and Second Light Windshell—two technical, ultralight layers made with Meridian™ Stretch Mini-Ripstop Nylon with DWR for everything from bike commutes to daily high alpine pursuits. The Second Light Pullover is a packable outer layer with a zippered chest pocket that doubles as a stuff sack, making it ideal for travel or stashed in a backpack as an emergency layer on a trail run or bike ride. With its low-profile hood with reinforced brim and cord-lock adjustable hem, the Second Light Windshell is an ideal light-and-fast outer layer, with the same wind and precipitation blocking capabilities as related products in the collections.
To view Stio’s spring 2018 collection, visit www.stio.com or stores in downtown Jackson Hole and Teton Village.
Headquartered in the heart of the Tetons in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Stio® was founded to inspire connection with the outdoors through beautiful, functional, and innovative products infused with the soul of mountain lifestyle. Stio’s “mountain town style meets backcountry performance” product is sold via Stio Mountain Studio™ retail stores, Stio® catalogs and the Stio® website. www.stio.com.