Crested Butte/Gunnison/Boulder, Colorado: Active Interest Media (AIM), the Outdoor Industry Association (OIA), Outdoor Retailer (OR), ICELab @ Western, and Moosejaw have joined forces to launch the Catapult Outdoor Recreation Accelerator open to outdoor industry startups throughout the U.S.
The Catapult OR Accelerator is a 12-week intensive program focusing on product and service-based startups positioned for growth. Only 3 teams will be accepted into the 2019 program. Finalists will split time between the ICELab Campus in the Gunnison Valley and at AIM headquarters in Boulder. Teams will have the opportunity to learn from industry professionals, develop new strategies, and are provided the tools to ramp up quickly for success.
The program will place all of its support on the needs of each of the three businesses accepted into the program. According to Sharon Houghton, AIM Managing Director Outdoor, “AIM is thrilled to partner with ICELab, OIA, and Moosejaw to bring a first of its kind accelerator to the outdoor industry and to Colorado. It is truly an honor to develop a program that helps innovators “catapult” their visions to the next level.”
For outdoor recreation businesses interested in applying to Catapult:
- Applications now open until January 15, 2019 > Apply Here
- Candidate selection will take place in late January 2019
- Successful applicants will already be staged for or are already selling product or services to customers.
- All participating teams will showcase final pitches during the 2019 Boulder Startup Week.
- All participating teams have the opportunity to participate in a booth at both the 2019 Summer and Fall Outdoor Retailer Shows.