Outdoor Industry Association Presents: Importing and Exporting:
Managing Risk and Finding Opportunities in the Era of Global Trade
Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. Salt Lake City Marriott, Salon F
BOULDER, CO, January 13, 2010 - Outdoor Industry Association® presentsapanel discussion with international trade experts. Companies will learn more about favorable opportunities when exporting to foreign markets, as well as emerging challenges to importing goods into the United States. From consumer protection and new international human rights enforcement, to penalties on products made in China, this seminar will arm participants with important information and give them the opportunity to ask the experts how to make the best sourcing and shipping decisions.
Topics covered in the seminar will include:
- Utilizing trade preference programs to give products an advantage
- Preparing for new trade rules that could pose challenges to getting products to retail shelves
- New enforcement of international labor standards that may target products
- Potential penalties on China that could increase costs
- Federal legislation, like the U.S. OUTDOOR Act and the Affordable Footwear Act, that will help lower those cost increases
RSVP requested. Click here to register.
This OIA seminar will also be available by telephone conference. Please RSVP directly to Alex Boian at email@example.com to receive call in information.