POV pioneer unveils action camera that is waterproof up to 30 feet without a case, features a quick-photo mode and award-winning low-profile design.
Provo, Utah (Sept. 23, 2014) – Action camera pioneer CONTOUR introduces another innovative, easy-to-use and durable action camera built specifically for year-round adventurers. The new ROAM3 utilizes a waterproof and impact-resistant aluminum housing to allow it to function up to 30-feet underwater without a bulky case, all while retaining CONTOUR’s elegant form factor.
“An action camera should look great while users are wearing it and be simple to operate. The last thing people want to worry about while they are skiing or surfing is if their camera is filming properly,” said James Clarke, CEO of CONTOUR. “With the ROAM3, all you have to do is move the slider forward and you are instantly recording. If you want to take beautiful pictures, just press the status button to switch to photo mode. Just like every CONTOUR, the ROAM3 is incredibly easy to use.”
The ROAM3, priced at $199.99 USD, is now available at retailers worldwide and from Contour.com. It comes complete with a fully charged lithium-ion battery, an 8-gigabyte memory card and two low-profile mounts.
“The ROAM3 builds on the great history of CONTOUR and gives a glimpse into our future. We couldn’t be more excited,” said Clarke.
View the ROAM3 launch video here.
Features of the ROAM3:
- Instant photo mode can be set for single frame or multiple burst shots
- CONTOUR’s flush rail mounts allow for secure and dependable attachment
- Built-in universal camera mount (¼”-20) makes it compatible with all standard mounts and tripods
- Instant-on video record switch
- Waterproof up to 30 feet without a case
- Rugged impact resistant aluminum casing
- Records video at 1080@30 frames per second or 720@60 frames per second
- 270-degree rotating lens
- The best video and sound quality of any CONTOUR to date
- Built-in laser level ensures the perfect angle every time
- Locking switch keeps the camera from turning on or off accidentally
CONTOUR | Adventure Everyday
Based in the heart of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, CONTOUR is a pioneer in the action camera market. CONTOUR cameras have been long known as simple to use, dependable products. Defined by a “form follows function” philosophy, CONTOUR cameras feature a sleek, low-profile design, easy to operate controls and a secure and durable proprietary rail mount system. Whether in the water, snow, dirt or flying through the sky, the world’s top adventurers choose to tell their stories using CONTOUR. Visit www.contour.com for more information.
Media Contact: Malcolm Forbes | firstname.lastname@example.org | 970.259.3555