- SnowSports Industries America (SIA), in conjunction with publishing partner Active Interest Media, appointed Andy Hawk as publisher and Cindy Hirschfeld as managing editor of the SIA Snow Show Daily. Hawk previously served as the marketing director for the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors. He also previously was the publisher of Ski Racing magazine and worked in sales and marketing with SKI and Skiing magazines. Hirschfeld previously served as an editor for Skiing, Backcountry, the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the National Ski Patrol.
- Westcomb Outerwear, in Vancouver, British Columbia, expanded its Canadian representation by signing on four new sales agencies. Westcomb will work with Carpe Diem Marketing Concepts Ltd. of Alberta and the Northwest Territories (Rob Caims and Joni Collett); Bell Sports Ltd. of Ontario (Glenn Mackay); CMP Sales Inc. of Quebec (Michael Pariente); and DSM Agencies Ltd. for the Atlantic Region (Charles Leblanc). The new agencies join the Tom Jones Sales Agency, which covers British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Spyder Active Sports, in Boulder, Colo., promoted Joann Smith to vice president of merchandising. She will oversee Spyder’s product-focused business processes, continue her business-driven merchandising efforts and manage the company’s raw materials and product development teams. Smith joined Spyder in 2001 and was most recently director of merchandising.
- SOG Specialty Knives and Tools, in Seattle, Wash., selected Pale Morning Media, led by Drew Simmons, as its public relations agency of record.
- Drift, an action sports digital video equipment and technology brand in London, appointed Simon Wootton as the company’s new global brand manager. Wootton previously worked in marketing positions with Quicksilver and Reef. Wootton's goal will be to revamp of Drift’s marketing initiatives with an initial focus of aligning all existing global marketing efforts and clearly defining Drift’s target consumer. In the past year, Drift’s growth has fueled five new hires in addition to Wootton, including: senior product design engineer Drew Henson; graphic designer Sam Chelton; product design manager Milo Murphy; and global sales coordinator Sven Dawidowski.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.