Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LEKI is running a #LEKISHIFFRINSELFIE promotion throughout the 2018/19 World Cup season for ski racing fans and their favorite race shop that has a life-size LEKI Mikaela Shiffrin display. Fans are encouraged to visit their local race shop, take a selfie with Shiffrin, and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #LEKISHIFFRINSELFIE. Every time Shiffrin lands on the podium, a #LEKISHIFFRINSELFIE hashtag winner will be selected to receive $250 worth of LEKI gear and the race shop they tagged will receive a $250 LEKI credit.
- Emerald Expositions cancelled Interbike 2019 in the hopes of bringing it back in 2020. But the reason for skipping next year is apparently due to hard hits to the bicycle industry in recent years.
- GearJunkie.com has a new pronunciation video out that made us chuckle.
- The American Alpine Club just announced the roster for the 2019 2019 USA World Cup Ice Climbing Team, and one of our former writers for SNEWS/The Daily, is on there! Corey Buhay will join 20 other teammates to compete in the UIAA World Cup Ice Climbing Finals, taking place in Denver, Colorado, in February.
- Next Friday, Outdoor Industry Association is hosting a webinar about navigating the U.S.-China trade war and the impact of tariffs. Everyone is invited to register and listen in.
- Mountain Khakis promoted Victoria Payne to CFO and Vice President. She will lead all Mountain Khakis’ finance and operations activities.
- And lastly, Living Coral is 2019's Color of the Year. How will you wear it?