BOULDER, COLO - DEC 20, 2017
Roofnest (Roofnest.com), a company elevating the car camping experience by offering hardshell roof top tents and accessories, has recently signed SMAK Strategies as their public relations agency of record. Founded in Boulder, Colorado, Roofnest opened its doors in December of 2016 and has been rapidly growing ever since.
Company founder and outdoor enthusiast Tim Nickles is passionate about providing convenient, comfortable, and affordable roof top tents to the everyday consumer, making “living on the road” accessible for anyone. All Roofnest models feature a sleek fiberglass case that mount to almost any type vehicle roof-rack with crossbars. In less than a minute, Roofnests instantly expand to create a cozy, protected bedroom. Due to its intentional minimalist design and direct to consumer business model, Roofnest also offers very competitive price points.
“From building my own gear and equipment to modifying the gear I buy, I am always thinking about how to make things better,” said owner Tim Nickles. “Once I started using roof top tents I was sold immediately on the genius of the design. What could be easier than carrying a protected, comfortable bedroom on top of your car?”
The company offers five different models, appealing to an expanding customer base with different needs and preferences.
- Eagle (MSRP $2495)
- Their biggest rooftop tent, sleeps two adults and a child comfortably
- 81″ long x 55″ wide on the inside
- Just 3 inches shy of a queen-size bed
- Weighs 135 pounds
Sparrow (MSRP $2,295)
- Smaller model, sleeps two adults comfortably
- 80″ long x 46″ wide on the inside
- Roughly equivalent to a full-size mattress
- Weighs 120 pounds
Sparrow X (MSRP $2,295)
- Extends the capabilities of the Sparrow (above), with 100 lbs of carrying capacity for the transport of bikes, kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, etc.
- The rack is made of powder-coated steel with alloy connections between the bars
- 82″ long x 48″ wide and sits just 14″ high when closed
- The roof rack can hold up to 100 lbs with the tent closed
Eye (MSRP $2,195 - 2,395)
- Available in both Eagle and Sparrow sizes
- Opens from the back to form a triangle with the entry in the back
- Wider view of the sky
- Eagle: 81″ long x 55″ wide on the inside, 11.5″ high when closed
- Sparrow: 80″ long x 45″ wide on the inside, 11.5″ high when closed
All models come in black or white with a gray tent fabric and share the same great features that make Roofnests so popular: durability, weatherproof, a comfortable 7cm High Density Foam (HDF) mattress, easy-to-mount system, mesh windows and an 8’ telescoping ladder for entry. And just in time for winter, Roofnest recently released The Ptarmigan Tent Insulation, a packable, easy-to-install, synthetic insulation system for both Roofnest Basic models (Eagle and Sparrow) as well as the Sparrow X.
“We’re stoked to work with Roofnest and to help reframe the way people think about and experience car camping and road tripping,” said Maria Hennessey, Founder of SMAK Strategies. “In addition to creating phenomenal products that help people live a life of adventure, the brand represents the qualities and values we find so important here at SMAK.”
The Roofnest gives you a simple, durable tool to make your road trip easy, fun, and comfortable with the goal of getting you outdoors and on a concrete-free adventure. The Roofnest is so convenient and comfortable you’re going to be daydreaming of places you can go to explore, see new things, and create new experiences. For more information, please visit www.roofnest.com.
About SMAK Strategies
SMAK understands that today’s brands are much more than the products and services they sell — they are a personal choice as well as a vital and fun component of a larger community. Specializing in strategic PR & marketing services and offering a high level of personalized service, SMAK integrates creative ideas and strategic planning to deliver exceptional, sustainable results. For more information, please visit www.smakstrategies.com.