Cortez, CO – December 15, 2015–Osprey Packs, a leader in creating top-quality, high-performance, innovative packs to comfortably and efficiently carry gear, is updating their convertible travel wheels series for Fall 2016 with significant changes to both the Sojourn and Meridian Series. The rugged Sojourn Series gets an all new deployable suspension that takes cues from the brand’s award winning Anti-Gravity™ (AG™) suspension while the deluxe Meridian gets a streamlined, quick deploy harness and a fully-featured, ventilated daypack.
“The Fall 2016 Sojourn and Meridian Series are designed for travelers who are ready for anything whether they are hitting the street markets of Vietnam, the dirt trail to their cabin in the Scottish Highlands or the long tile roads of their local airport hub,” said Erik Hamerschlag, Senior Product Line Manager “When the terrain gets too rough and there is still far to go, our wheeled bags’ suspension can be deployed to give you the carry-comfort that you expect from Osprey.”
The Sojourn is designed for travelers whose destination has no limits. The high-clearance HighRoad™ Chassis is ready to roll practically anywhere with padded StraightJacket™ sidewalls to protect and secure its contents on the rough roads it could be rolling down. When needed, the ventilated and adjustable suspension can be deployed to give you carry-comfort that matches Osprey’s industry-leading backpacking packs.
SOJOURN | CARRY FEATURES
- Highroad™ Suspension - Alloy peripheral frame and center handle stays
- Stowaway Tensioned Backpanel
- Stowaway Ventilated Harness
- Stowaway Padded Hipbelt
SOJOURN | KEY FEATURES
- HighRoad Chassis™ - Large wheels for a smooth roll over any surface.
- Deployable Backpack Suspension - The deployable suspension takes cues from Osprey’s award winning AG™ suspension and brings it to a wheeled convertible. The hipbelt features padded, air mesh wings with a tensioned mesh lumbar that complements the ventilated, tensioned mesh backpanel. The harness is padded, ventilated and adjustable to fit perfectly for the longer treks.
SOJOURN AVAILABLE IN: Sojourn 80L/28" $340, Sojourn 60L/25" $320, Sojourn 45L/22" $300.
MERIDIAN | Deluxe Wheeled Convertible
The Meridian is designed for travelers who are ready for anything. The high-clearance HighRoad™ Chassis is ready to roll practically anywhere, and where it can’t go it only takes seconds to deploy a comfortable, padded harness to finish the journey. Once settled in, the detachable daypack with a comfortable ventilated backpanel will be by your side for wherever and whatever you leave basecamp.
MERIDIAN | CARRY FEATURES
- Highroad™ Suspension
- Padded Fabric Backpanel
- Stowaway Padded Harness
MERIDIAN | KEY FEATURES
- Ventilated Detachable Daypack – The included Meridian Daypack is a top-of-the-line daypack for all your travel needs. It features a padded 15" laptop sleeve, zippered tablet sleeve and lots of organization.
- HighRoad™Chassis - Large wheels for a smooth roll over any surface.
- Deployable Shoulder Harness - The shoulder harness quickly deploys out of a zippered pocket on the rear panel and can be set up and ready to use within seconds. When not in use the rear pocket makes a great place to organize and store other gear outside the main compartment for quick access.
MERIDIAN AVAILABLE IN: Meridian 75/28” $380 & Meridian 60L/22" $350
Independent since 1974 and still anchored by the design genius of company founder and owner, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs is a leader in technical packs for outdoor, cycling, travel and urban adventures. Osprey’s dedication to create innovative, high performance gear reflects the brand’s love of adventure and devotion to the outdoors.
Osprey Packs can be found online at www.ospreypacks.com and in outdoor specialty retailers in over 60 countries worldwide. To learn more about Osprey and its products, visit www.ospreypacks.com. Follow all brand updates on Instagram (@ospreypacks), Facebook (@ospreypacks) and Twitter (@ospreypacks).