The Second Smallest Company on the List Lands 8th in its First Year Applying
Dover, NH - September 5, 2017
NEMO Equipment, Inc., an award-winning outdoor gear manufacturer focused on shifting the way people enjoy and interact in the outdoors, has been ranked #8 in New Hampshire for top places to work by Business NH Magazine. Of the nineteen companies from across the state that were honored, the average number of employees was 284. NEMO has just 19 employees, the 2nd smallest company on the list.
“When I started NEMO 15 years ago, I wanted it to be a different kind of place to work; I didn’t want it to feel like a job at all,” said NEMO CEO & Founder, Cam Brensinger. “We strive to build camaraderie, the kind that comes with sharing an epic adventure with your best friends. I want folks to be passionate about what they’re doing and live authentically to the brands’ mission. I’m thankful that we have a solid team in place that treats each other like family and enjoys not only coming to work together each day, but adventuring together.”
Business NH Magazine and the NH Businesses for Social Responsibility have been recognizing New Hampshire businesses with the Best Companies to Work For competition for 20 years. The competition includes an employee engagement survey that must be completed by at least 50% of the company’s workforce, as well as an in-depth survey of the business’s practices and benefits.
Some of the highlights from NEMO’s survey include:
- The GoFar Program, encouraging and incentivizing employees to go out and adventure domestically and abroad using NEMO gear.
- The GoHelp Program, which encourages employees to give back to communities and volunteer for conservation or sustainability-oriented projects during work time.
- Company adventures throughout the year, where employees get outside together for company-sponsored activities such as skiing, hiking, camping, ice climbing, and mountain biking.
- A flexible culture that supports being active, including lunchtime team runs, surfing together before work, and sponsoring NEMO teams for events such as the upcoming Reach the Beach Ragnar.
- A dog-friendly culture, complete with a company dog walker.
- Unlimited use of NEMO gear, allowing all employees to use NEMO tents, sleeping bags, pads and furniture on their own adventures.
- Company meetings with beverages, usually craft beer.
NEMO is currently hiring for a Product Development Engineer. For more information, please visit http://www.nemoequipment.com/about-us/careers/.
Continually designing to change the expectation of what sleeping outdoors is all about, NEMO’s focus is always on creating the best possible experience outdoors. Expanding its product line with a full-range of tents, hammocks, sleeping bags, pads, camp tools, and accessories, NEMO has you covered for adventure anywhere. For sales inquiries, please contact Mike Welch, email@example.com and for media inquiries, Kate Ketschek, firstname.lastname@example.org.