FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Almost $3,500 raised for Big City Mountaineers at Liberty Bottleworks’ ‘Beers for BCM’ Event at OR
Sets record for money raised, sends one lucky giver on ‘Ultimate Ski & Rock n Roll Weekend’
YAKIMA, Wash. – February 7, 2013 – Almost $3,500 was raised for Colorado-based Big City Mountaineers at Liberty Bottleworks’ annual “Beers for BCM” event at the Outdoor Retailer tradeshow last month, according to the final tally of cash from the industry blowout.
Liberty served beer from Park City’s Shades of Pale Brewery in custom BCM bottles to outdoor industry insiders who made a donation to support the group and have a chance to win the “Ultimate Ski & Rock n Roll Weekend.”
The custom bottles are used as a fundraising tool by BCM to support their mission to transform the lives of underserved youth through wilderness mentoring expeditions that instill critical life skills.
“The support we got from the outdoor industry and our friends in the music industry was incredible and helped us put on an event that made a big difference for BCM,” said Liberty Co-Founder Ryan Clark. “When it came time for the announcement of the winning number, we had more than 100 people hoping it was their lucky day.”
The winner of the prize package – worth more than $10,000 – was Jack Griffin, a sales rep from Alder Sports Marketing, Inc.
“I just can’t believe this, I’m speechless,” Griffin said. “I need to go call my wife and tell her we’re going to Vermont!”
The prize package included:
- VIP tickets for two to Festevol at Okemo Resort in Vermont, March 16, to see rock supergroup Yukon Kornelius and others.
- Lodging for two at Okemo Resort.
- Two lift tickets for two days at Okemo Resort.
- Lunch on the mountain with band members from Yukon Cornelius, which includes bassist Stefan Lessard from the Dave Matthews Band (the anchor member), singer/guitarist Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies, singer/guitarist Adam Gardner from Guster, and drummer Eric Fawcettfrom Spymob.
- A ski rack setup from Thule.
- Skis for two from RAMP.
- Poles for two from Soul Poles.
- An outerwear package for two from Helly Hanson.
About Liberty Bottleworks
Founded in 2010, Liberty Bottleworks was created out of the belief that the best products are made in America by American workers. With a commitment to domestic machinery, raw materials, technology and manpower, Liberty Botteworks makes the industry's only completely BPA-free metal water bottle from 100 percent recycled aluminum at its state-of-the-art factory in Yakima, Wash. Perfect for active lifestyles, whether in the backcountry, the boardroom or the back porch, Liberty bottles can be purchased from retailers across the country or from www.libertybottles.com.
Alex Strickland, SOAR Communications, 801.656.0472 x3, 801.742.1414 (cell), email@example.com or
Chip Smith, SOAR Communications, 801.656.0472 x1, 801.597.7515 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org