Two Harbors, MN - Infusing in-depth knowledge of technical, ultralight hiking backpacks into traditional travel gear, Granite Gear has created a truly innovative, sensible and efficient solution with their new Reticu-Lite Collection.
“We designed this collection with weight in-mind, and substantial effort was put in to creating a clean, sculpted form,” said Granite Gear’s Senior Director of Design and Development Mike Meyer. “Even the minor details serve a purpose and everyday travelers will take notice.”
The six piece collection combines sleek design with smart features, such as the strategic die-cut foam pattern, which minimizes weight while maintaining structural integrity. Details such as 360o BARRIER water-repellency technology, and rugged wheels with impact-absorbing wheel housing are just the start of the features in this innovative collection.
Essential features in the collection:
- Repelaweave & Repelagrid-2 fabrics for maximum protection against elements
- Reticulated foam front panel minimizes weight while maintaining structural integrity
- Rugged wheels with impact-absorbing wheel housing and bumper fortification
- Heavy-duty corner guards and kick plate
- Durable aircraft aluminum pull handle with rubberized grip
- Durable water-repellent zippers
- Padded comfort grab handles for easy lifting
- Extreme Water Repellent Barrier zipper with tricot lined pocket to sheathe your small electronics & accessories
- 22" Wheeled Carry-on Upright, MSRP: $149.99
- 26" Wheeled Upright, MSRP: $169.99
- 30" Wheeled Upright, MSRP: $189.99
- 28" Wheeled Drop-Bottom Duffel, MSRP: $169.99
- 34" Wheeled Drop-Bottom Duffel, MSRP: $189.99
- Backpack, MSRP: $69.99
Ideal for adventure or athlete travel, the 28" and 34" Wheeled Drop-Bottom Duffels boast large, main compartments with U-shaped openings. The drop-bottom compartment with heavy duty compression straps, a zippered divider curtain, and dual side pockets offer the space and packing versatility to fit the needs of every type of traveler. For extra storage, travelers can carry on the 1.7lb Reticu-Lite backpack with the same weather-resistant protection as the duffels, as well as Gear-Tec technology protection for supreme laptop/tablet defense and an add-a-bag pass-through port on the back panel for attaching to a wheeled luggage pull-handle.
The six-piece collection is available in three color ways and will be on display at the Outdoor Retailer Show (booth # 36155) in Salt Lake City, UT this August. Collection will hit retail stores in September 2015. For more details, contact Shelly Smith at Shelly@darbycommunications.com.
About Granite Gear
For 28 independent years, Granite Gear has brought cutting-edge products to the outdoor marketplace. Their award-winning backpacks, adventure travel gear, extensive variety of storage sacks, lifestyle accessories, and canoe gear offer excellence in design and construction. Granite Gear’s desire is for all outdoor enthusiasts and travelers to experience the incredible durability and comfort of their products. Located in Northern Minnesota, just minutes from the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and the Superior Hiking Trail, they have a rugged and beautiful testing ground for their products.