Eureka!, maker of high-quality tents, sleeping bags and pads, backpacks, furniture and lighting for any camping activity, introduces its 2014 line of camping products at the Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City, Utah. Eureka!’s new tents, sleeping bags, lighting and camp furniture will increase consumer’s enjoyment in the outdoors by offering enhanced durability and sizing that will appeal to a variety of consumers. The new Eureka! products will be available at retail in January 2014 and online at eurekatent.com.
“This year has been an exciting one to be working with Eureka! as we have designed the 2014 line to include something for everyone – including the adrenaline sports, done in a day end-user, the family camper and the backpacking enthusiast,” said Mark Hrubant, senior director camping, Johnson Outdoors Gear LLC. “With the introduction of new tent categories and the continued expansion of our sleeping bags, pads and furniture lines, we truly feel like Eureka! not only owns the campsite for 2014, but also makes it affordable and feature-friendly for anyone who loves the outdoors.”
Eureka!’s entry into the adventure basecamp market includes spacious, weather-protective three-season tents for consumers seeking daylong adventure in the wilderness. The Taron Basecamp 4 and 6 are freestanding two-pole aluminum dome tents with side brim poles for increased headroom and interior volume. They incorporate Eureka!’s new E!luminate System, removable reflective ceiling fabric panels which, when installed, reflect the light from a hanging LED lantern back towards the floor, increasing floor-level lighting brightness by up to three times. Other tent design features include Eureka!’s V3 Enhanced Tent System which includes vertical strut vestibule poles, vectored fly-to-tent-body pullouts and hooded fly vents. To keep rain out of the tent, Eureka! has added a reflective dry entry marker to alert consumers where to stop unzipping the fly upon entry. Taron’s rear vestibule can be configured in multiple ways - as an awning for shade in sunny weather, or closed to block wind or rain. Its openings feature Snivel Locks that lock the fly panels with side-release buckles to eliminate wind-driven opening when away from the tent.
- Taron Basecamp 4: Dimensions: 8’6” x 7’6”; Weight: 11 lbs, 4 oz.; MSRP: $319.99
- Taron Basecamp 6: Dimensions: 10’ x 8’6”; Weight: 13lbs., 14 oz.; MSRP: 399.99
Serving the family camping consumer, the Sunrise tent series is a durable, feature-rich tent for frequent family campouts. It incorporates cross-flow venting with two mesh vents with a zippered fabric panel to control ventilation. The Sunrise also is equipped with the E!luminate System for increasing floor level lighting. Another feature that family campers will enjoy is the Eureka! Media Center, a three-pocket gear hammock with a touch-screen friendly clear center sleeve that is suspended off the floor and is perfect for watching video on tablets and other small electronic devices from the comfort of a sleeping bag. These durable tents feature 1200 mm coatings on the floor, wall and fly. Each tent has one door with mesh top panel window, three windows with zippered fabric panels, high-stash mesh pockets in the front and rear and fly poles that extend the protective fly over each side to shelter campers from rain.
- Sunrise 4: Dimensions: 8’ x 8’; Weight: 11 lbs, 3 oz.; MSRP: $199.99
- Sunrise 5: Dimensions: 9’ x 9’; Weight: 14lbs., 13 oz.; MSRP: $249.99
- Sunrise 6: Dimensions: 11’ x11’; Weight: 21lbs., 3 oz.; MSRP: $299.99
The MidoriSolo tent is ideal for the backpacker travelling alone in the wilderness. It is a two-pole aluminum dome side-entry tent designed for the novice to intermediate camper. It features 1800 mm coatings on the fly and floor and features Eureka!’s V3 system which increases ventilation, volume, and versatility by maximizing frame, fly, tent body, and guy-out design features. The Midori Solo has one hooded vent, interior pockets, reflective dry entry marker and a gear hammock.
- Midori Solo: Dimensions: 7’6” x 2’8”; Weight: 3lbs., 9 oz.; MSRP: $129.99
Applying over 100 years of USA tent building experience to military applications, Eureka! is launching a tactical tent line for consumers in 2014. The Down Range Solo and Down Range 2 three-season dome tents feature high-quality materials in the fly, wall and floor for extended durability. The Down Range Solo is based upon the military’s TCOP tent and incorporates a built in Forward Operating Base (FOB) vestibule floor that protects gear and strengthens the overall tent structure. The Down Range 2 design is based on the Marine’s Combat tent featuring a front vestibule with two straight zips that increase durability, permitting more vestibule configurations, including awning and high/low venting. The fly openings feature Snivel Locks, which lock the fly panels with side-release buckles to eliminate wind-driven opening.
- Down Range: Dimensions: 7’6” x 2’8”; Weight: 5 lbs., 1 oz.; MSRP: $189.99
- Down Range 2: Dimensions: 8’x5’; Weight: 7 lbs., 14 oz.; MSRP: $299.99
Eureka! continues serving the Guide, Scout and Youth Corps markets with its Assault Outfitter 4 tent for 2014. This tent is built to handle the rigors of repeated consumer use, year after year. Designed for groups who spend months in the field, the Assault Outfitter 4 is a three-pole dome tent with a 7000 series aluminum frame, a 5000mm heavy weight floor and fly fabric treated with UV inhibitors to extend the life of the tent. The front vestibule has two #10 extremely durable zippers that permit a variety of vestibule configurations, including an awning and high/low venting options. This tent also features Snivel Locks on the fly to eliminate wind-driven opening when away from the tent.
- Assault Outfitter 4: Dimensions: 8’6”x7’6”; Weight: 14 lbs., 13 oz.; MSRP: $449.99
SLEEPING BAGS & PADS:
For the backpacking consumer, Eureka!’sperformance mummy collection of sleeping bags has been redesigned with enhancements to its proprietary Rteq premium synthetic insulation. Driving better thermal performance, the collection of four models will feature EN Standard 13537 temperature ratings. Models range from 0°F to 45°F and are offered in regular, long, and women-specific sizes. The all-new Star Valley 45°F model is a lightweight, warm weather bag available in regular and long sizes and weighs 2 lbs. and 2 lbs., 3 oz. respectively. MSRP: $79.90 (reg), $89.90 (long).
Eureka! is adding two new bags to the recreational junior series for 2014. The Balsam and Camellia are two new rectangular-shaped bags that are the perfect size for teens (ages 13+), shorter adults and petite women. With a “fits to” size of 5’6”, the junior models are constructed of 68D polyester taffeta shell and lining with Eureka!’s ThermaShield insulation, and feature a full-length draft tube, an internal pocket and an included stuff sack.
- Balsam 30F: Weight: 3lbs. 2oz.; Retail: $54.99
- Camellia 30F: Weight: 3lbs. 2oz.; Retail: $54.99
Eureka!’s new Singlis UL sleep pad, designed for backpackers and thru-hikers in moderate temperatures, is available in regular and large sizes and is 40% lighter than the Eureka! Singlis ST pad. It is constructed of lightweight fabrics and includes a hand pump and repair kit.
- Singlis UL Regular: Weight: 15 oz., size: 72”x20”; pack size: 3”x 10”; MSRP: $59.90
- Singlis UL Long: Weight: 1 lb., 6 oz., size: 78”x26”; pack size: 4”x10”; MSRP: $89.90
Eureka! expands its line of camping furniture products with the following new introductions:
- The Compact Cot is a lighter-weight design with a mesh and foam pillow insert designed for a weekend outing. The Compact Cot has a weight capacity of 250 lbs and weighs 10 lbs. Its folded size is 40”W x 8.5” H x 3”D. MSRP: $59.99 The Curvy Chair with Side Table features more than 100 square inches of organization and storage, including a cup holder, recessed plate area and utensil holder. The table mounts easily onto the side chair and can be removed for storage and transport. With a weight capacity of 300 lbs., this chair is sturdy and comfortable with padded seat and arm rests. It is 32”L x 26”W x 38”H. MSRP: $79.99 The Recliner Chair features 20 degrees of adjustment with three comfortable positions. The extended height 33” seat back provides support for head and neck. It features a side pocket with beverage holder, storage bin and six loop webbing daisy chain. The weight capacity is 300 lbs. and it weighs 12 lbs. 4 oz., MSRP: $79.99 The Cook Table is counter top height standing at 32” high for easy food prep. It features a large, zippered storage cabinet for storing cookware, dishes or food. It has a weight capacity of 90 lbs. and weighs 11 lbs., 3 oz. and stores easily with a folded size of 32” x 19.5” x 4.5”. MSRP: $99.99
Eureka!, offering quality tents, sleeping bags, furniture, lighting, and camping accessories for a wide spectrum of campers and environments, is part of the Johnson Outdoors’ family of leading outdoor recreational product brands. The company turns ideas into adventure with a portfolio of award-winning, innovative brands that span the globe, including among others, Old Town® canoes and kayaks, Ocean Kayak™, Necky® kayaks, Minn Kota® motors, Humminbird® fishfinders, Scubapro® and UWATEC® dive equipment, Silva® compasses and Jetboil® cooking systems. For more information, visit www.eurekatents.com.