- ElliptiGO recently announced that Steve Burton was promoted to national retail sales manager in April, taking the primary lead with its dealer network of more than 280 retail locations. Steve first got involved with ElliptiGO in July 2010 as an independent rep and came onboard full-time as Eastern regional manager just under a year ago.
- Octane Fitness hired Dan Codling, who began today as the director of commercial sales for the Asia Pacific region. Codling is reporting to Mark Lowder, managing director of Asia and Latin America sales. Codling brings a lot of energy to Octane’s commercial sales efforts in Asia Pacific and has experience on the club side of the fitness industry with Fitness First, and most recently as the managing director of Seasons Fitness in Hong Kong.
- Med-Fit Systems, Inc., manufacturer of Nautilus commercial fitness and SportKAT balance assessment products, is deepening its market penetration both domestically and internationally. The company recently announced a signed agreement with Fitness World, a distributor in India, headed up by Managing Director Dinesh Kapoor. The deal dubs industry leader Fitness World as India’s exclusive distributor of Nautilus commercial fitness equipment. In exchange for the designation Fitness World will buy several million dollars worth of American-made Nautilus commercial fitness equipment.
- Krupp Kommunications (K2) recently was designated the agency of record to represent Carb Cycle by Franco Carlotto, fitness expert and author of Carb Cycle. Carb Cycle is a fitness and nutrition program that works with the body's natural carb storage system to reach and maintain weight-loss goals. In this role, K2 will provide overall brand management and media relations while educating today's society on ways to achieve a healthy and fit body.
- Raleigh America recently announced Mark Landsaat has been named as its new R&D Manager for the Raleigh and Diamondback brands. Landsaat will be responsible for the development and implementation of frame platforms and new technologies.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the fitness industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
--Compiled by Ana Trujillo