Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- In fall 2019, REI is opening its first experience center in North Conway, New Hampshire. The 25,000-square-foot store will offer expansive gear rentals, high-end equipment demos, and guided outdoor experiences for visitors who adventure in the region every year—including the 53,000 members in the state.
- The Conservation Alliance awarded three emergency grants totaling $85,000 to Earthjustice, Outdoor Alliance, and Trout Unlimited to support their efforts to defend public lands. The grants come from the organization's Public Lands Defense Fund. Read more here about how each group is using the funds.
- Stowe, Vermont-based Umiak Outdoor Outfitters was robbed of $30,000 worth of gear over the weekend, only nine days away from Christmas and during one of retail's busiest times of the year. They've received a ton of support and posted a thank you on Tuesday.
- Amer Sports' buyout began yesterday. China’s Anta Sports commenced the voluntary recommended public cash tender offer for all the issued and outstanding shares in Amer Sports Corp.
- Eagle Creek and National Geographic have partnered to offer a collection of bags with family adventure and the environment in mind. Designers sourced glass fished out of landfills to create a water and scratch-resistant coating on the bags.
- Title Nine, a female-owned independent retailer in North America, hired OutsidePR to serve as its public relations agency of record.