Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last-minute gift idea: A board game about visiting America's National Parks is this GQ writer's favorite game.
- Questioning cashmere: Patagonia is one of two brands challenging the cashmere market. Recycled cashmere is the brand's material of choice.
- Single-use plastic alternatives: From GRAYL's ultralight water purifier to biodegradable toothbrushes, Morgan Tilton, a SNEWS contributor, suggests numerous eco-friendly travel essentials in this recent Gear Junkie guide.
- New Everest rules: Following a crowded season and nine deaths on the peak, the Department of Tourism will now require all climbers to disclose their full medical history when seeking a permit.
- Tragedy on Mt. Baldy: In separate incidents on the snow-covered California mountain, two hikers were rescued, one hiker is still missing, and a rescuer died.
- Father-daughter climbing duo: Emily Harrington's dad is a badass too. This is the story of their relationship, written by Shawnté Salabert.
- Black Diamond opened the doors to its new flagship store in Salt Lake City on Thursday. Located in the historic Trolley Square shopping district of Salt Lake City, this store joins several North American retail locations already in the Salt Lake area, Anchorage, and Denver.
- Evolv tapped Bill Sinoff as the company's general manager. He starts on Jan. 6.
- Worthwhile read: "Your Flame-Resistant Tent Could Give You Cancer" (Outside)