COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. (March 31, 2015) –Matrix Fitness drew widespread praise for its expanded presence at IHRSA 2015. In addition to showcasing new products, attendees were able to demo new equipment and learn about the latest industry trends from fitness experts like Hunter Allen and Phil Campbell in the education area. Guests were also invited to participate in the “Connected for a Cure” campaign, which raised $5,623 for Augie’s Quest, the largest individual fundraising program for research and drug development aimed at ending ALS.
“Our goal at IHRSA was to showcase our products and latest innovations, but we also wanted to engage in deeper discussions with club owners, operators and fitness staff about industry trends and how we can help them grow their business,” said Kent Stevens, executive vice president of commercial sales at JHTNA. “Our dedicated education area within our booth at IHRSA shows our ongoing commitment to being more than an equipment provider – we’re a partner that’s truly focused on and invested in the success of our customers.”
New Product Introductions
IHRSA 2015 drew more than 8,000 attendees, a 10 percent increase over the previous year. Show attendees were invited to demo a variety of new Matrix products, including:
· Connexus Series – Connexus is a versatile functional training system offering a variety of attachment points to accommodate a wide range of accessories and training modalities, including: bars, bands, med balls, boxing bags, suspension training straps and more.
· In-Trinity® – Thisinnovative incline training platform from Johnny G builds strength, deepens flexibility and improves balance, coordination and agility.
· Sprint 8® – Developed by Phil Campbell, this 20-minute, sprint cardio training program is scientifically proven to boost energy, reduce body fat and build lean muscle mass through the natural release of exercise-induced growth hormone.
· Personal Trainer Portal – This program helps with member retention through personalized workouts designed by trainers for their clients. The portal allows for two-way communication through the 7xi console by connecting with popular third-party apps, ensuring accountability outside of regularly scheduled personal training sessions.
· T3xh Treadmill – This treadmill is designed specifically for therapeutic settings (active aging and PT) and developed based on research with users, facility owners, personal trainers and service providers.
“Huge congratulations to all of the Matrix team on an impressive, well-thought-out, well-staffed booth and show experience,” said Steve Sweener, senior vice president of business development at Gold’s Gym Southern California Group. “The booth location and the amenities offered made the Matrix booth a meeting place for a lot of people.”
For more information about Matrix Fitness, please visit http://www.matrixfitness.com.
About Matrix Fitness
Matrix Fitness (www.matrixfitness.com) is the fastest growing commercial brand in the world and is the commercial brand of Johnson Health Tech. Matrix is comprised of a complete line of cardiovascular and strength-training equipment for health clubs and other fitness facilities.
About Johnson Health Tech
Johnson Health Tech, Inc. (JHT), Taiwan, is one of the largest fitness equipment manufacturers in the world and is home to some of the most respected brands in the fitness industry, including: Matrix, Vision, AFG, and Horizon. The company manufactures a wide assortment of fitness equipment for both commercial and residential use, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, exercise bikes and strength training equipment. Johnson Health Tech’s global management headquarters is based in Taichung, Taiwan, with global product development, marketing and engineering based in Cottage Grove, Wis.
# # #
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. There are a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by the statements above. These include, but are not limited to, competitive factors, technological and product developments, market demand and economic conditions.