Pittsburgh, Pa., April 22, 2010 -- Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month today announced the launch of its website, www.nationalrunnersmonth.com, which will serve as the online hub of information, discounts, and social media for the company's major running initiative scheduled for May.
Visitors to the new website's homepage are greeted by a large interactive "World of Running" map powered by Twackle.com and Twitter that shows, in real time, tweets about running from runners throughout the United States as well as locations of Dick’s Sporting Goods stores and National Runners’ Month races. The site will also feature expert tips and insight from National Runners’ Month ambassadors Dean Karnazes and Bart Yasso.
Other key website features include the following:
- News and information about Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month activities and events
- Information about the company’s latest “Running Deal of the Week" for products and discounts available at Dick's Sporting Goods stores nationwide
- Links to Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month Twitter and Facebook communities
- Links to information on how to join Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month and TeamFox
- A GummyJungle Widget for easy navigation across all web and social media platforms for Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month
in the race to find a cure for Parkinson's disease
Nationalrunnersmonth.com also links to the Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month photo contest held on Dick's Sporting Goods' Facebook fan page. Visitors clicking through to the company's Facebook fan page can upload or tag their favorite running photo from now through June to enter the weekly photo contest. Each week, a winner will be selected and awarded a gift card and have their winning photo featured on the Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month GummyJungle widget.
"Nationalrunnersmonth.com is a fun and interactive site for runners joining us in celebrating their favorite sport," said Jeff Hennion, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Dick's Sporting Goods.
About Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month
May is Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month, an initiative to promote running and highlight the retailer's deep commitment to serving runners. Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month includes major event sponsorship, Web, social media, mobile marketing, store promotions, and other activities aimed at helping runners enjoy their sport. The official Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month Event Calendar includes the following ten races:
• Alexandria Running Festival, Washington, D.C., May 2
• Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 2
• Chuy's Hot to Trot 5K, Austin, Texas, May 8
• Palos Verdes Marathon, Los Angeles, California, May 15
• Strawberry Festival, San Diego, California, May 30
• Brentwood 10K, Los Angeles, California, May 30
• Stillwater Marathon, Stillwater, Minnesota, May 30
• Ridge Run 10K, Chicago, Illinois, May 31
• Dick's Sporting Goods Bolder Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, May 31
• Starlight Run, Portland, Oregon, June 5
Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month benefits Team Fox to raise funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease research.
For more information, visit www.nationalrunnersmonth.com
About Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.
Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company currently operates 419 Dick's Sporting Goods stores in 40 states primarily throughout the eastern half of the U.S. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, with 91 stores in 31 states, e-commerce websites and catalog operations. www.dickssportinggoods.com
Dick's Sporting Goods National Runners' Month