Got any news or tips about somebody, some product or some company doing some moving or shaking? Let us know so we can slip it into our occasional Movin' & Shakin' updates. Just email email@example.com.
- Precor Fitness (www.precor.com) has hired Tom Hull as the new vice president of sales – Americas. He will join the newly completed senior management team, filling the role previously held by Chris Torggler who is now serving as general manager of Precor Strength. Hull, who comes from outside the fitness industry, brings extensive leadership experience in the technology industry and unique credentials in the fields of sports and health. Hull began Oct. 3.
- Raymond East has accepted a new role as the Precor government sales manager for the Western United States and Pacific Rim regions. East joined Precor five years ago as a dealer manager and previously served in the U.S. Air Force as a sergeant. Prior to that he worked in retail.
- Life Fitness (www.lifefitness.com) and the American Council on Exercise recently named Nicole Nichols, managing editor of SparkPeople.com, as America’s top Personal Trainer to Watch.
- Fitness Gallery (www.fitnessgallery.com) has added industry veteran Carlos Aviles to its Colorado division. Aviles is the new Colorado director of commercial sales and will grow the Colorado market. Aviles worked previously for Fitness Gallery when it was under different ownership and can be reached by emailing Carlos@FitnessGallery.com.
- SportsArt Fitness (www.sportsartfitness.com) has hired Dan O’Leary as sales manager for the Western Region. O'Leary brings over 14 years of fitness industry experience including management positions at Busy Body Home Fitness and The Fitness Outlet Inc.
- Chanin Cook, former marketing manager for Harbinger Fitness (www.harbingerfitness.com) has rejoined the company run by president David McCrane after nearly 10 years. Harbinger, based in Napa, Calif., specializes in accessories including weight attachments, yoga, stretching, gloves and other gear. In addition, Harbinger recently donated 400 exercise mats to the physical therapy clinics of the Veterans Administration in the East Bay, California, region.
- Interactive Fitness Holdings (www.expresso.com) in Sunnyvale, Calif., has appointed Chris McGill as its senior director of sales. McGill, previously of Freemotion Fitness and Precor, will oversee IFH’s Expresso brand indoor cycles. Also hired was Sean Kearney as its senior director of sales. Kearney has two decades of sales management experience at Precor and StairMaster.
- Fitness Tools, in Ocala, Fla., the manufacturer of the Thorotread treadmill, has added Andy Graham and Hillis Lake to its sales team. Graham and Lake, who will be working with accounts throughout North America, have more than 25 years experience in the industry.
- Med-Fit Systems, Inc., (www.medfitsystems.com) the Fallbrook, Calif.-based manufacturer of Nautilus commercial products, recently named Steve Miller as its Mid-Atlantic regional sales manager. Miller previously held positions at Life Fitness and Matrix Fitness Systems.
- Med-Fit Systems, Inc., also announced the addition of EK Navan, a former employee of both FreeMotion and Techno Gym, as a Southeast regional sales manager.
- Spri Products (www.spri.com), Libertyville, Ill., has promoted Lizz Erickson to commercial sales manager, where she will oversee all commercial sales in the United States. At Spri since 2007, Erickson previously was the national account manager.
- Core Health and Fitness, the corporate holding group for the Star Trac and StairMaster brands, has signed a license with Nautilus Inc. (www.nautilus.com) to produce the TreadClimber for the commercial fitness market.
- Regupol America, Lebanon, Pa., (www.regupol.com) the manufacturer of recycled rubber flooring for sports and athletic facilities, has partnered with the Shane Victorino Foundation and other companies to renovate the Shane Victorino Nicetown Boys & Girls Club in Philadelphia. Regupol agreed to donate more than 9,100 square feet of Regupol Aktiv flooring for the facility and 2,300 square feet of Regupol Shock Padding for the cushioning under the gym floor. Victorino, who plays baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies, was on hand for the club's grand reopening on Sept. 22.
- Med-Fit Systems Inc., (www.medfitsystems.com) has been awarded a GSA contract to offer its heavy-duty commercial fitness, wellness and rehabilitation products to the U.S. federal government.
Store openings and closings
- Precision Fitness Equipment of Boston (www.PrecisionFitnessEquipment.com) has opened its sixth store. Located in North Hampton, N.H., it joined Precision’s stores in Nashua, Newton, Hanover, Natick and Sattleboro with a grand opening in September.
- Bodyworks Exercise Equipment (formerly OC Bodyworks – www.ocbodyworks.com) is closing down the third location it had added about 18 months ago, according to owner Charles Hoffman. The added location in Corona, Calif., had been a former Nellie’s store. This will take the Southern California retailer back to two stores.