Modeled after its popular international retreats in Iceland, Spain, Ireland and the U.S., the Italian Dolomites Trail Running + Wellness Retreat offers women a week-long immersion in healthy running techniques while exploring the Pale Mountains’ sublime singletrack and mountain views.
“Every run will be completely different as we explore different natural parks within the Alta Badia region of the Dolomites,” says Fish. “We’ll use gondolas to access the valley’s upper elevations in order to maximize our scenic rewards while running sections of the area’s most famous trails, the Alta Via 1 and 2.”
Italian Dolomites Itinerary Highlights:
· High-quality three- and four-star hotels in the villages of San Vigilio di Marebbe, Corvara and Selva, to pamper at the end of day’s adventure in the mountains.
· Carefully designed running routes of 7 to 10 miles (with plenty of photo and water stops!) that deliver maximum scenic rewards and make for fantastic runs that just get better each day.
· Après-run relaxation and celebratory snacks and drinks on sun-soaked patios of cafes and refugios with spectacular views of the Dolomites’ iconic vertical limestone peaks.
· Guests learn about Ladin culture and region’s storied history and receive on-trail support from locally based trail-running guides—whose family has lived there generations—with an intimate knowledge of the trails, and history of Val Badia.
· Daily gourmet Italian meals featuring iconic dishes reflecting Sud Tyrol, including tris di canederli, speck and apfelstrudel.
· Three wellness workshops and natural running form clinics led by mindful running expert Elinor Fish.
The retreat package is on sale now through May 10, 2018, while supplies last. The retreat is limited to just 14 participants. The retreat package price is $4,500 (shared double-occupancy room) or $4,995 (private single-occupancy rooms). Solo travelers can be paired with a roommate.
The retreat package includes transportation to and from the Venice Marco Polo airport, meals, accommodations in high-quality hotels, all gondola and local bus transfers, retreat travel planning services and much more.
About Run Wild Retreats + Wellness
Run Wild Retreats + Wellness is an IATAN-accredited travel agency and member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA). Founded in 2010 by Elinor Fish, its mission is to help women better manage their stress through an active lifestyle centered around healthy, sustainable running. Learn more at www.RunWildRetreats.com