Boston, MA - January 8th - Tracksmith today launches the 2019 No Days Off Collection featuring winter running apparel made from Australian Merino wool. Since 2014, Tracksmith has celebrated the grind of winter training with No Days Off, a call-to-action to recommit to running in the depths of winter.
This year, Tracksmith has partnered with The Woolmark Company to create a capsule collection featuring products made from Australian Merino wool, a natural fiber with superior performance attributes. Together they put the No Days Off collection through its paces at a snowy training camp in Craftsbury, VT. The collection lookbook is available here and No Days Off video can be found here.
The Merino-driven collection includes everything a runner needs to get out the door in deep, dark winter: a jacket, vest, waffle base layer, mittens, socks and a cap - for both men and women. The unique performance properties come from the rugged Merino sheep, a breed that thrives in severe conditions thanks to its fine, soft wool. The original performance fiber, Merino wool is temperature regulating, moisture-wicking and has the ability to dry quickly while resisting odors, allowing athletes to run in these pieces every day. In sub-20 degree conditions at a cold-weather training camp in snowy Vermont, runners embraced hard workouts in tough conditions thanks to the thermal properties of these pieces.
“No Days Off is a call to action: a daily reminder to do something to improve yourself as a runner,” said Tracksmith founder and CEO, Matt Taylor. “Our collections have always included Merino wool pieces because of its versatility in tough conditions, and this year, we’ve expanded the use of Australian Merino wool throughout the No Days Off line. These are pieces you can wear day in and day out, thanks to Merino wool’s ability to dry quickly and resist odors. It’s No Days Off in both spirit and function.”
Priced between $38 and $198, the 2019 No Days Off collection includes:
- Men’s and Women’s NDO Jacket: a cold-weather running jacket featuring a layer of bonded Merino wool for insulation and a stretch knit shell for protection from the elements.
- Men’s and Women’s NDO Waffle Layer: The waffle pattern on this Merino base layer creates small pockets where warm air is trapped against the skin to increase insulation, while also allowing excess heat to escape and regulate body temperature as sweat builds up.
- Men’s and Women’s NDO Vest: A running vest that insulates and dries quickly, while keeping out the wind thanks to an innovative combination of Schoeller fabrics and Merino wool.
- NDO Varsity Cap: 100% Merino wool cap, specially knitted to keep a sweaty head warm and dry.
- NDO Mitten: Two in one: a weather-resistant mitten lined in Merino wool with an internal and reversible nylon-elastane mitten, for double the warmth and functionality in the cold.
- The collection also includes some of Tracksmith’s best-selling merino pieces including the Harrier Long Sleeve, Downeaster, Fynnsen Crewneck, Freya Hoodie and Merino Tube Socks.
“The rapid growth in demand for technical textiles has significantly boosted Merino wool’s prominence in the sports and outdoor industry thanks to the fiber’s naturally inherent qualities,” says The Woolmark Company Managing Director Stuart McCullough. “This No Days Off collection reminds consumers of wool's natural performance benefits which cannot be matched by any other fiber."
The No Days Off Merino Collection is available to customers globally at Tracksmith.com.
Tracksmith is an independent running brand. We honor the Amateur Spirit upon which the sport was founded and champion the Running Class – the non-professional yet competitive runners dedicated to the pursuit of personal excellence. We offer well-considered and authentic products for training, racing and recovery. In everything we do, we aim to celebrate, support and add to running’s distinct culture.
About The Woolmark Company:
The Woolmark Company is the global authority on wool. Through our extensive network of relationships spanning the international textile and fashion industries, we highlight Australian wool’s position as the ultimate natural fiber and premier ingredient in luxury apparel.
The Woolmark logo is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation from farm through to finished product. The Woolmark Company is a subsidiary of Australian Wool Innovation, a not-for-profit enterprise that conducts research, development and marketing along the worldwide supply chain for Australian wool on behalf of about 60,000 woolgrowers that help fund the company.
Head of Communications
The Woolmark Company