With less than a month to go, the 2018 Philly Bike Expo is on track to be busier than ever for exhibitors and attendees alike with more to see, hear and do.
Notable trends this year include more component makers than ever before, an uptick in mountain bike oriented companies, and more women leading rides, demos, seminars (and their companies as exhibitors.) As of October 1 there are 141 exhibitors total including 30 frame builders- a 17% increase in exhibitors.
“Exhibitor interest in the Philadelphia Bike Expo is up again this year. The show has been steadily growing and registration is up. Considering that usually a lot of exhibitors wait until the final two weeks to register, I’m excited about the way it’s going," says show organizer Bina Bilenky, "So why the show’s upward trajectory? Philadelphia is a cycling city with a large cycling community. In recent years exhibitors and attendees have been coming from across the USA and even other countries, and word is getting out that there is nothing else like it."
Major Exhibitors Include:
- 3T Bicycle
- Paul Component Engineering
- Industry Nine
- Yuba Cargo Bikes
Seminars and Presentations Include:
- Steve Potts: A long and storied career in frame building
- Chris Chance: The early days and recent relaunch of Fat City Cycles
- Steven Maasland: Bicycle collecting and the origins of Cinelli
- Cyclists' Rights: Bicycle Law PA attorney Joseph Piscitello
- PBMA President James Stanfill: Benefits of being pro bike mechanic
- Selene Yeager: Race training for busy lifestyles
- Panel Discussion: Alternative transportation forecasts
- Ground Up Speed Shop: Pinstriping Demos
- Tagline: Artisans, Activists, Alternatives
- Event hashtag: #2018pbe
- Show dates: October 27-28
- Location: Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Attendees: 4,700+
- Journalists: Expected 50+
- Exhibitors: Expected 170+
- Company: We are a grassroots, family-run business
- Bike Parking: Free indoor valet bike parking is provided in the Broad Street Atrium
- Tickets range from $8 - $25, Free for children 12 and under. Significant discounts for online pre-purchase.
- Free show passes for cycling industry employees. Upload credentials by 25th October, 12 noon. (details here): https://phillybikeexpo.com/events/2018-dealer-industry-registration/
- Industry and media VIP party sponsored by Lagunitas Brewing Co., Ortlieb USA, Haro Bicycles and Jamis Bikes.