ARCATA, CALIFORNIA, March 19, 2012 – The GB360 Midlifekayak expedition sets off to circumnavigate mainland Britain by kayak on April 29th from the Cornwall coast in the South West of England. English paddlers Andy Mullins, Geoff Cater and Mike Greenslade will be equipped with Kokatat GORE-TEX® dry suits, PFDs (personal flotation devices) and accessories to help keep them dry, safe and comfortable on their 2,500-mile journey.
The team is aiming to complete the trip in approximately one hundred days by covering rougly twenty-five miles each day. A total of 23 people have previously completed the route with the first successful attempt in 1980.
The paddlers of GB360 Midlifekayak met on the Isles of Scilly in April 2010 and found that they all harboured ambitions for a large scale kayaking expedition. Along with a goal of completing the expedition, GB360 Midlifekayak hopes to raise $15,000 USD for their favorite causes including:
- Help for Heroes - a national charity supporting those wounded in the service of our country since 9/11. (www.helpforheroes.org.uk)
- Over The Wall - a national children’s charity who provide life-changing activity camps for children and young people aged 8-17 who are affected by serious and life limiting illnesses. (www.otw.org.uk)
- The Christian Adventure Centre – offering amazing residential, camping adventure activity experience for schools, youth groups, church or family groups. (www.vineyhilladventure.org)
- The West of England MS Therapy Centre – providing support and relief of symptoms to people with Multiple Sclerosis and their supporters. (www.mstherapybristol.org.uk)
- The Ideas Partnership – an NGO stimulating and supporting educational, cultural and sustainability projects in Kosovo. (www.theideaspartnership.org)
To learn more about the expedition, donate to their causes, and follow the progress of their journey visit www.midlifekayak.co.uk. For additional information visit them on Facebook ("Midlifekayak") and follow them on Twitter (@Midlifekayak).
About Kokatat Watersports Wear: â€¨
Celebrating over 40 years of innovation, Kokatat is an independently operated, US manufacturer of technical apparel and accessories for water sports. Handcrafted in Arcata, California, Kokatat employees are focused on building the finest functional product for people who work and play on water. Our gear is designed for paddlers, by paddlers, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience on the water all year long and in all weather conditions. Into the water with Kokatat! Please visit www.kokatat.com and follow Kokatat on Facebook and Twitter “@kokatat”.
About GB360 Midlifekayak:
GB360 Midlifekayak consists of English kayakers Geoff Cater, Mike Greenslade and Andy Mullins. The paddlers, with an average age of 46, plan to circumnavigate Britain in April 2012 as a personal challenge and to raise money for their favorite organizations. Learn more at www.midlifekayak.co.uk.