Wichita, K.S.—January 21, 2016—INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand is gearing up to expand their durable product portfolio in Japan. Fashion meets function with the introduction of new CORDURA® Apparel fabric offerings tailor-made for the growing active, outdoor, and urban lifestyle segments in the region. Takashi “TK” Kawasaki, the CORDURA® brand’s newest market development manager, will lead the expansion efforts by working with sales, marketing and technical teams to drive new innovation, development, and branding strategies.
“The CORDURA® brand has a rich history within the Japanese market, especially in the bag and pack segments where durability, functionality, and fashion have been valued for decades,” says global CORDURA® brand and marketing director, Cindy McNaull. “Likewise, today’s Japanese style-savvy consumers provide much inspiration for our innovation pipeline. With TK’s leadership, we look forward to introducing our latest CORDURA® Fashion x Function Apparel Collection including our wide array of CORDURA® AFT, Canvas, Denim, Naturalle™ , Soft Comfort Knits, Ultralite, and CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric technologies.”
Ideally suited for inner layer, next-to-skin garments, such as t-shirts and baselayers, and for outer layer shells—such as jackets, trousers, jeans, and everything in between—the comprehensive CORDURA® Apparel Fabric Collection offers customers a vast array of performance driven, versatile and trend-conscious styling options:
- CORDURA® AFT fabric: (Air Flow Technology) fabric is a highly breathable collection of knit constructions with enhanced abrasion and tear strength, commonly used in adventure footwear and available in a wide selection of mesh, knit, and laminated constructions.
- CORDURA® Canvas Fabric: can take the punishment that accompanies a lifestyle of living on the edge, while also providing long lasting comfort based on its construction of cotton and INVISTA’s T420 nylon 6.6 fiber.
Also available with stretch for added mobility and wax and/or specialty coatings to help withstand the elements that accompany outdoor, work, and everyday use.
- CORDURA® Denim fabric: Thanks to the intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA’s high strength T420 nylon 6.6 fiber technology, CORDURA® Denim stylishly delivers four times greater abrasion resistance to the rugged adventure lifestyle than that of equivalent weight cotton denims.
- CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics provide a natural, cotton-like appearance and touch without sacrificing durable, long-lasting yet stylishly comfortable performance. The expansive portfolio consists of plain, rip-stop, dobby and double weaves, two and three layer laminates, and knits including circular, flat and warp constructions. Integrated stretch, moisture management, quick drying, and thermal regulation fiber technologies help round out the line’s performance driven offerings to deliver fabrics with next-of-skin comfort and fashion-forward durability.
- CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabrics combine the warmth and comfort of wool and the durability of nylon 6,6, to help combat life’s battles. Appropriate for everyday lifestyle, outdoor, and adventure wear, CORDURA® Combat Wools™ are available in multiple merino and nylon 6,6 constructions including plain weaves, base and mid layer knits, laminates, and double weaves.
- CORDURA® Ultralite fabric: Light in weight but not in performance, CORDURA® UltraLite fabrics provide style driven yet weight reduced durability to today’s gear and apparel where optimal strength-to-weight ratio is critical, including technical packs, daypacks, stuff sacks, pouches, performance apparel, footwear, and accessories.
To get CORDURA® fabrics working for you, visit www.CORDURA.com.
About CORDURA® brand
INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand essence celebrates individual durability: As Long As The World Is Full Of Durable People, We’ll Keep Making Durable Fabrics™. Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, CORDURA® fabric is a primary ingredient in many of the world’s leading high-performance gear and apparel products ranging from luggage, upholstery and backpacks to footwear, military equipment, tactical wear, workwear and performance apparel. The CORDURA® brand is a registered trademark of INVISTA, one of the world’s largest integrated polymer, intermediates and fibers businesses. To distinguish the CORDURA® brand, the word “CORDURA®” must be spelled out in all caps, used with an ®, and followed by the word “brand” or “fabric.”
To learn more about INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand, end-use products, and marketing tools please http://www.CORDURA.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
With leading brands including LYCRA®, COOLMAX®, CORDURA®, STAINMASTER® and ANTRON®, INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. The company’s advantaged technologies for nylon, spandex and polyester are used to produce clothing, carpet, car parts and countless other everyday products. Headquartered in the United States, INVISTA operates in more than 20 countries and has about 10,000 employees. For more information, visit INVISTA.com, Facebook, and Twitter.