Last year, SNEWS® and Backpacker put out a call for nominations seeking the best outdoor retailers in the United States. The response was overwhelming, with hundreds of votes coming in from reps, retailers themselves (naturally) and customers. In fact, the best nomination forms came from customers who praised the stores they shopped and shared stories of excellent customer service as each lobbied passionately for their choice for best retailer. Over 100 stores received nominations. That was 2008 -- this is 2009 and the nominations are already pouring in.
Do you think your store is worthy? Do your customers? No one wins unless they are nominated, so get busy today by having your staff, your customers, your reps, anyone you can think of nominate you at www.snewsnet.com/roty. There is NO limit on the number of nominations a store can receive -- the more the merrier.
One retailer will be awarded the title “Retailer of the Year,” and six others will be honored as best-in-class in each of the following categories:
- Sustainable Business
- Youth Involvement
- Growth of Outdoor Sports
- Best Online Retailer
In all categories, winning retailers must display exemplary efforts in customer loyalty and service, employee training and retention, as well as demonstrate excellent merchandising skills.
Retailer of the Year winners will be announced at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2010 during a special ceremony, and each winner will receive a plaque suitable for public display in a store so winners can promote their accomplishment. Click here to read the SNEWS story highlighting the 2009 Retailer of the Year award winners.
In addition, each retailer will receive:
- A store profile in a Retailer of the Year Showcase on SNEWSnet.com.
- Prominent mention in a Retailer of the Year feature in Backpacker's Gear Guide.
- A copy of a special PDF business journal featuring profiles of each of the winners, emailed to all SNEWS subscribers and suitable for distributing to retail customers honoring the achievements.
- A digital image of the SNEWS/Backpacker Retailer of the Year logo suitable for use as a window decal, award recognition on all letterhead, brochures and other store publications, and display on a website.
- A customer-appreciation party in your store.
An aggressive national and regional public relations campaign will accompany the formal announcement of winners, highlighting the significance of the recognition to radio and TV stations, newspapers, magazines, online blogs and key trade publications.
Entry Deadline: Sept. 1, 2009
Nominate your favorite retailer today.… Heck, nominate yourself if you think you’re worthy. Just click on the submit button below: