Steamboat Springs, Colo. (March 16, 2015) – The yoga and music communities of Steamboat Springs, Colorado are thrilled to host the Inaugural Steamboat Movement Fest - a celebration of world-class yoga, live music and summer outdoor adventure. Taking place July 23-26, 2015, this four-day, Zero Waste event unites yoga, music, and movement in the unique beauty of Steamboat Springs, CO, located in the heart of Rocky Mountains.
“Our mission is to welcome anyone and everyone to our home in the Colorado Mountains to enjoy amazing yoga and live music in a stunning outdoor space,” said Talaya Thomas, Managing Director of the Steamboat Movement Fest. “While the headlining yoga and music acts are big attractions, we can’t wait to showcase the breadth of Steamboat’s local yoga and musical talent.”
- Headliners: Gina Caputo, Justin Kaliszewski, Wade Gotwals
- Local Talent: Valerie D’Ambrosio, Talaya Thomas, Carrie Nelson
- Free kids and community yoga, daily
- Optional half-day immersion workshops with Wade Gotwals and Valerie D’Ambrosio
- Two National Headliners (announcing soon!)
- Live music all weekend long, supported by local talent
- Live music at yoga sessions
- Guided hiking and trail running with yoga, courtesy of VIRV Yoga & Steamboat Pilates and Fitness
- Guided mountain biking with yoga
- SUP Yoga practices, courtesy of Steamboat Paddleboard Adventures
“Steamboat Springs is a summertime outdoor mecca for hikers, bikers, runners, boaters, and so much more,” said Erin Brosterhous, SMF Marketing and PR Director. “The Yampa Valley has attracted outdoor enthusiasts for years, but there’s an underlying enchantment to this place…one that fuels a robust yoga, art and music scene. It’s time to open that up, share the magic and create something really incredible for our community and visitors alike.”
Why the Steamboat Movement Fest?
Steamboat Springs is known for its warm, welcoming community, world-class biking and skiing and natural hot springs located in the heart of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Its unique charm, mountain beauty and Western flair have always attracted a wide range of visitors from bikers and skiers to wranglers and rodeo queens.
Steamboat Springs in the summertime is a picture of paradise for all things outdoor, with only one thing missing: an outdoor yoga and music festival. Filling that void, on July 23-26, 2015, is the Inaugural Steamboat Movement Fest featuring world-class yoga, live music and endless outdoor adventure.
To learn more about events, programs, and ticket sales, please visit: www.SteamboatMovementFest.com
Inside Out PR
Steamboat Movement Fast Contact:
Talaya R. Thomas