This story is brought to you in partnership with the Outdoor Industry Association.
Once a year, the outdoor industry’s brightest minds and biggest thinkers get together for OIA’s Rendezvous, a chance for outdoor leaders to network, share ideas, gain new insights to improve their business and have some fun together in a beautiful location. This year’s event takes place October 6-10 (more on that later) in beautiful Asheville, N.C. Here are the five top reasons why you should attend.
1. You’ll get to explore. On both Monday, October 6, and Friday, October 10, you and your fellow attendees can experience the beauty of the Asheville area with our local hosts from Nantahala Outdoor Center and SylvanSport. Rafting, road or mountain biking, climbing and fly fishing are all available on both days. Go get some!
2. You’ll do good work. Tuesday is your chance to give back with the Service Project sponsored by Timberland. This year, Rendezvous attendees will clean up and revitalize the French Broad River. Clearing brush, building picnic tables and bike racks, planting and grass-sowing, and making lasting connections that can help you grow — that’s what this service day is all about. Plus, volunteers will end their day with a celebration enjoying some New Belgium brews. Beers for volunteers!
3. You’ll learn from business leaders. This year’s educational experience at Rendezvous will focus on innovative solutions to tackle the outdoor industry’s top challenges. With sessions focused on retailers, manufacturers and sales reps, this program provides the tools and takeaways to help a range of industry professionals understand the new rules of business, innovation, trends, leadership, successful sales strategies and tips for competing in the global marketplace. This year’s speaker line-up pulls from business leaders who bring a fresh perspective — and they’ll set you up for success.
4. You’ll network and grow your business. Each year, more than 350 outdoor industry professionals come to the Rendezvous, looking to interact with, learn from and build partnerships with other leaders just like you.
5. You’ll add value to your work. This year’s Rendezvous focuses on skill-building and shaping your business to drive innovation, new ways to understand and connect with the consumer of the future, and engage in discussions of strategies to help compete and drive sales. Simply put, at Rendezvous, you will have the opportunity to learn, connect and innovate — and that can take your skills, and your career, to new levels.
The 2014 OIA Rendezvous is sponsored by Timberland, the Nantahala Outdoor Center and UPS, among others. Learn more and register online at outdoorindustry.org/ rendezvous/. Save by signing up now using promotional code SNEWS14 before September 4. We’ll see you in Asheville!