STOWE, VERMONT (For immediate release) -- To celebrate Vermont contributions to the sport and culture of Nordic skiing, the Vermont Ski and Snowboard museum is seeking artifacts and anecdotes for a curated Olympic year display launching this fall.
Highlighting the past, present and future of Vermont Nordic skiing, the display grand opening is slated for November 2, 2013, followed by an evening gala event at the Trapp Family Lodge.
Spearheaded by outdoor industry veterans Rob Center and Poppy Gall, the volunteer effort includes dozens of Vermont Olympic team members, ski media and other ski industry professionals.
Museum Hall of Fame Nordic Inductees who promoted and/or contributed to the sport of skiing include -- Biathlon: John Morton, Jan Reynolds; Nordic Combined: Walter Malmquist; Classic and Skate: Bill Koch, John Caldwell, Bob Gray, Larry Damon, Ned Gillette, Mike Gallagher, Tim Caldwell, Martha Rockwell, Leslie Thompson Hall, Warren Chivers; Pioneer: Johannes Von Trapp, Erlon Broomhall.
The final exhibit will celebrate all aspects of the sport: classic and skate skiing; Nordic combined; biathlon; ski jumping; telemark and backcountry skiing. The planned roster of displays includes:
· Vermont Olympians & US Ski Team members;
· Vermont’s Lost Cross Country Ski Areas and Ski Jumps;
· Vermont’s 10 Top Nordic Events;
· Vermont Nordic Equipment and Clothing Companies;
· Vermont Nordic Ski Clubs and Youth Ski Leagues;
· Vermont Collegiate and High School Nordic Programs;
· Vermont Contributions to Nordic Ski Industry Associations;
· Vermont as a Nordic Skiing Destination.
About the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum
The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum (VSSM) collects, preserves and celebrates Vermont’s skiing and snowboarding history. For more information go to www.vtssm.org