It's almost here. The next issue of The Voice is currently being printed, and copies will start hitting mailboxes early next month. To get your hands on a copy, you must subscribe by December 30. Any subscription payments that come in after the 30th will be rolled over and counted toward the summer issue. This is your last chance to nab a beautiful print copy of our award-winning magazine for your coffee table.
At long last, we're proud to present the theme of the winter issue: sustainability. Here's a first look at our new cover, with an illustration by the talented Eduardo Denniz.
Inside the issue, we have dozens of pages of expert reporting on a range of issues related to sustainability and the outdoor industry—what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong, and how we can change for the better. Some of our coverage includes:
- Does the industry make too much product, and if so, how can we stop?
- The dirty banks undercutting outdoor companies' environmental goals
- Chasing the dream of endless recyclability
- Bringing gear into the sharing economy through lending libraries
- The small snowboard brands leading the way on green hardgoods design
We also dive into a range of other juicy subjects, including:
- After decades of expansion, is REI about to face a reckoning?
- 29 ways to make workplaces happier and more productive
- The new outdoor retail concept from Dick's Sporting Goods
- The outdoor industry's relationship with race
- Behind the scenes in the nation's OREC offices
- Lessons from a year without trade shows
- How to pull off a successful brand makeover
- Does sponsored content payoff?
- Should independent sales reps unionize?
- OIA vs. SIA: Does the industry need two climate programs?
Last but not least, the issue also includes The Voice 50, our list of the most exciting new products of the season, as selected by industry pros.
Don't miss your chance to get your hands on this informative and entertaining new issue of The Voice.