BEDFORD, Mass. (July 12, 2017)
Thermacell Repellents, Inc., a leading manufacturer of area mosquito repellents and other insect control products, introduces Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent. With Radius, Thermacell brings its most significant innovation since the launch of its very first butane powered repellent in 1999.
At the push of a button, Radius creates a zone of protection from mosquitoes. Rechargeable, compact and powerful, Radius works anywhere from the remote wilderness to your backyard patio. Thermacell Radius releases a proven repellent to create a silent, scent-free, and invisible zone of protection around you.
“Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent is a new, easy, and better way to fight mosquitoes without the use of spray,” explains Michael Younger, VP of Marketing. “We’re excited to add Radius to our product line. Our customers have been asking for a mosquito solution that is even smaller, can travel on an airplane and operate at any elevation. Our product development team created a battery powered platform to deliver on these needs – and the most amazing part is that it’s push-button simple.” A Lithium Ion battery substitutes for butane in powering the Radius Repellent System, which leads to a number of benefits, distinguishing it from other Thermacell mosquito repellers. Unlike butane which is impacted by oxygen levels at higher altitude, Radius performs at any elevation. It also opens the door to air travel with Thermacell, which was not possible previously, due to regulations that prevent passengers from travelling with butane cartridges. The choice of battery power also enables a single refill system, using a lone repellent refill instead of both mat and butane refill components. Long life Radius refills will be available with up to 36 hours of repellent action, and can be started and stopped as often as needed. The lithium-ion battery is USB rechargeable, allowing for up to six hours of run time per charge, and even features an automatic shut off timer.
The secret behind all Thermacell mosquito products is Zone Repellent Technology, which fights mosquitoes without the need for sprays or lotions. Dousing in spray can be sticky, smelly, and rough on equipment. Rather than treating your skin, Thermacell Zone Repellent Technology treats the area around the user. Thermacell repellents are scent-free and silent, making protection from insects less obtrusive than ever before. The Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent System will be available for purchase in early 2018 and will retail for $49.99.
Thermacell Repellents, Inc. ● 26 Crosby Drive, Bedford, MA 01730 ● www.thermacell.com ● 1-866-753-3837
- Creates a silent, scent free, invisible zone of protection
- Rechargeable USB Lithium-ion battery
- Cordless, lightweight, minimalist design
- Automatic shut off timer
- Fully sealed refill can be started and stopped multiple times
- Weather and impact resistant
- Fast acting - the zone of protection forms in just minutes
- Up to six hours of run time per charge
- Long life refills available, up to 36 hours each
- No sticky sprays, oily lotions, or active ingredients that can damage gear
- No messy fuels or smoke
- Air-travel friendly
- Dependable performance at any elevation About Thermacell® Repellents, Inc. Thermacell Repellents, Inc., headquartered in Bedford, MA, designs, manufactures, and markets area mosquito repellent and insect control solutions. Thermacell can be found at most outdoor, sporting goods, home improvement, and mass merchant retailers. Thermacell products are also available internationally in more than 20 countries. For more information on Thermacell and its complete line of repellent products, consumer reviews, and store locations, visit www.Thermacell.com or call 1-866-753-3837. Contact: Sloane Brown, Backbone Media (970) 963-4873 firstname.lastname@example.org