LONGMONT (May 15, 2020) – Redtail Overland introduces the first ever hard-sided rooftop camper – the carbon fiber Redtail RTC. Designed for the modern nomad, the Redtail RTC offers the nimble freedom of a rooftop tent with the security and amenities of a hard-sided camper. Available in two sizes to suit a variety of vehicles, each RTC is handcrafted in Colorado and built-to-order. Founders Ty and Annie Tatro, former executives at luxury overland vehicle manufacturer EarthRoamer, drew from their extensive personal and professional experience to create a new product in a class of its own, the rooftop camper (RTC). Lightweight carbon fiber construction allows the state-of-the-art Redtail RTC to feature amenities never before seen in the rooftop camping market including:
- Insulated carbon fiber structure (top, bottom, walls and doors)
- Dual pane impact resistant polycarbonate windows
- Locking doors, windows and shell
- High altitude diesel heater
- Large variable speed fan
- Up to 330 watts of solar power
- Up to 60 amp hour lithium battery bank
- USB and 110 outlets
- 250 watt inverter
- Dimmable interior and exterior led lighting
- 30 second setup and breakdown
The Redtail RTC solves many issues common to the traditional rooftop tent experience:
- Stability and noise reduction in the wind.
- Weatherproofing in all conditions.
- Security. The RTC can be locked when in the closed and open positions.
- Bear country requirements for hard-sided campers.
- Four-season capability. Stay warm with an integrated high-altitude heater adjustable up to 11,000ft, or cool off with the high flow variable speed fan.
- Setup and breakdown process. Many rooftop tents offer quick setup, but breakdown has traditionally been a hassle with voluminous canvas to tuck in and difficult latches. The RTC’s hinged walls simply fold in on themselves and close like the trunk of a car, no stiff latches to deal with.
- Comfort. The RTC offers comfort never before seen in the rooftop camping space with dimmable LED lighting, high flow variable speed fan, heat, clear dual pane windows for ample natural light even in inclement weather, charging ports for your electronics, inverter for larger tech, and a fully integrated solar array and lithium battery bank.
- Vehicle access. The RTC’s built-in floor hatch allows for direct access to your vehicle, if equipped with a sunroof or pass-thru and depending on setup.
- Ease of install. The RTC is completely independent of your vehicle, there is no need to wire it to your car or plumb the heater, though both these options are possible should one want to.
When compared to larger tow-behind and RV options, the Redtail RTC offers unparalleled convenience.
- Retain full use of an existing vehicle or truck bed.
- Nothing to register.
- No additional insurance.
- Nothing to tow.
- Nothing to store.
- Nothing to winterize.
- Zero prep required to use.
- Minimal maintenance.
PRE-ORDERS AVAILABLE NOW
The Redtail 110 and Redtail 90 are priced at $25k and $20k respectively and are available for pre-order now. A 10% deposit reserves a production position. Construction of retail units is estimated to begin in August 2020 with product hitting the market in October 2020. --
Redtail Overland strives to be a leader in innovation within the overlanding industry by designing and manufacturing products that refuse to be typical, and that enhance the experience while exciting the imagination. They create purposeful, intuitive and elegant overlanding products using only the highest quality components. It’s not a race to reach the biggest market, but a thoughtful process driven by a passion for design, intended for those seeking both beauty and function in the products they buy.
"At Redtail, we strive to create the ultimate user experience by combining intuitive functionality, the highest quality components, and cutting edge features and style. The Redtail RTC was created with this philosophy in mind and we believe it’s truly something special." — Ty Tatro, Co-Founder & CEO
Founded by husband and wife team Ty & Annie Tatro, Redtail Overland was formed by a desire to improve and elevate their own rooftop camping experience. They possess a combined 18 years experience at luxury overland vehicle manufacturer, EarthRoamer. Ty was the President and co-owner of the business while Annie directed the sales and marketing. During their years working with luxury off-road vehicles, they were personally camping out of a bare-bones rooftop tent. They became well-versed in the inherent benefits and drawbacks at each end of the overland spectrum and realized they were uniquely positioned to know how to meld the best elements from each.
The ease and mobility of rooftop camping spoke to Ty and Annie’s style of remote backcountry adventure, but the comforts and security they’d experienced in larger RVs called to them as well. They found nothing that existed in the middle without limiting their mobility and decided to fill the void by creating something completely new in the overlanding world – a hard-sided rooftop camper (RTC).
Follow on Instagram and Facebook @redtailoverland