December 2, 2013 (Tarrytown, NY)- Terramar Sports, a leader in technical outdoor apparel and high performance base layers, is pleased to announce it will showcase the company’s revolutionary technologies at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Show in Salt Lake City and SnowSports Industries America Show in Denver, Colorado.
In Fall 2013 Terramar launched its ClimaSense™ Technology line. ClimaSense™ garments intelligently adapt to the body's changing conditions to keep the body comfortable no matter what the activity level, while providing advanced odor control. ClimaSense’s™ dynamic moisture transport system adapts to the skin’s surface temperature: when the body is cold, it retains moisture vapor, keeping the body warm; and when the body is active, it releases excessive moisture to cool the body down. It's the ultimate in thermal regulation and comfort! ClimaSense™ uses bluesign® approved, performance based technologies. Like all of Terramar’s products, based on weight and specific characteristics, Terramar assigns a warmth factor to every product allowing you to quickly select the right baselayer for any activity. Now for Fall 2014 Terramar has added new technologies and warmth factors to its ClimaSense™ line.
In its MEN’S assortment Terramar will be displaying three dynamic technologies under the ClimaSense™ line continuing the Terramar promise of high performance base layers.
- ClimaSense™ 2.0 Thermolator CS in a ½ Zip and pants will be displayed in both black with pewter stitching and dark loden. The Thermolator CS inhibits a technology that if the body is cold the “CS” provides a warm effect and if the body is warm the “CS” provides a cool effect. These pieces possesse a brushed surface, which creates additional air trapping warmth with a wicking, fast drying, breathable, and soft feel with a UPF rating of 25+. The fabric details a 360 stretch jersey and mesh with 86% Micro Polyester and 14% Spandex.
- The ClimaSense™ 3.0 Ecolator Full Zip Hoodie features a dual surface kitting system that incorporates high loft grid channels for enhanced breathability and effective layering for cold weather. The fabric features textured fleece with 95% Micro Polyester and 5% Spandex. The bright option in color of Imperial Blue with Orange Stitching is pleasing to the eye and keeps Terramar en par with their competitors.
- Finally, the ClimaSense™ 4.0 ThermaWool CS ¼ zip in Smoke Heather and a bright Limeade stitching boasts expedition weight Thermoregulation comfort technology. Like the other CS products, the “CS” provides a warm or cool effect depending on the temperature of the body. ThermaWool inhibits the growth of bacteria that causes odor with wicking, fast drying, breathable and no itch feel. This product has a UPF rating of 50+. The fabric features 70% Micro Polyester and 30% Merino Wool on the outside and 100% Micro Polyester on the inside.
The emphasis on the WOMEN’S line will be pointing at four different ClimaSense™ technologies with new details and colors that will keep these pieces on top of every woman’s wish list.
- The ClimaSense™ 2.0 Cloudnine Fantasy Catsuit CS is a midweight Thermoregulation comfort technology. Again the “CS” provides a warm or cool effect depending on the temperature of the body. The Catsuit design is a brand new fantasy print mix with brushed surface that creates additional air trapping warmth. This piece is wicking, fast drying, breathable and soft with a UPF rating of 25+. This fantasy piece brags a 4-way stretch, thumbholes, zipper garage and stretch comfort necktape at the neck etc. This is one of Terramar’s most exciting 2014 pieces in that it’s the company’s very first Catsuit.
- ClimaSense™ 2.0 Cloudnine offers 3 colors of a woman’s top and bottom in Kaleidoscope print, cosmo, white and black. The print on these items along with its technologies makes these items unique and so visually appealing.
- The Climasense™ Kashmir CS boasts a heat generating technology with hollow spaces between fibers that capture
the body heat and prevents the warmth from escaping. Its brushed surface adds additional air trapping warmth. This item too is odor controlled with luxurious performance. Wicking, fast drying and breathable, soft fabric of the Kashmir line help make this a great product.
- Lastly, featured in the women’s line of ClimaSense™ is the ClimaSense™ 4.0 Thermawool CS. As the name indicates, this piece one of the warmer layers and offers a long sleeve crew, a ½ Zip and tights in purple heather with cosmo stitching.
The KID’S line will feature 2 different technologies and new exciting prints.
- 1.0 Power Play Kids displays brand new prints and the items are lightweight with brushed surface that creates additional air trapping warmth. The Power Play items are wicking, fast drying, soft and breathable. Kid’s will love these 2 piece set prints.
- The Kid’s ClimaSense™ 2.0 Thermolator “CS” is a midweight thermoregulation comfort technology. Feel great in all conditions. If the body is cold this unique “CS” technology, just as the adult items, will provide a warm effect and if the body is warm the “CS” will provide a cool effect. These items are odor free and display a brushed surface with wicking, fast drying and a soft breathable feel. The Kid’s Thermolator bears bright stimulating colors such as imperial blue with sky blue stitching, cosmo with super pink stitching, white and black with pewter stitching.
“These complexly engineered products offer advanced performance features above and beyond other products in the market,” states Terramar’s President, Ben Lieberman. “All of our products have undergone diligent, in-the-field testing, ensuring the highest standards for quality, comfort, and functionality.”
Terramar’s products are sold at retail stores across the country and online. For more information, visit www.terramarsports.com.
ABOUT TERRAMAR SPORTS
Terramar has a 28 year history of manufacturing performance base layers and underwear. Building on its heritage of silk base layers, Terramar has become a world leader in pioneering performance garments that combine natural textiles with the highest performing technical fabrics available. Today, the company’s Performance Layering Systems are amongst the most uniquely engineered base layer systems on the planet. For more information, visit www.terramarsports.com.