OAKLAND, Calif. (May 20, 2011) – Solio, leading developer of hand-held solar chargers and lighting products, announced today the launch of a refreshed Solio.com website. Over the past decade, Solio has worked to bring renewable energy to the daily lives of people around the world and encourage a clean, affordable alternative to traditional energy sources for commonly used consumer products. The relaunch of the website is timely, as consumers seek solutions to mitigate the environmental impact of their portable devices and as Solio provides new, innovative solutions to help people be more versatile in their daily lives.
The new Solio.com is a hybrid site, acting as a retail store but also as a hub for Solio’s current and potential users to educate themselves on how to get the most out of their charger or lighting device. Solio.com offers a charger to suit the needs of urban commuters, outdoor adventurers, business travelers, and developing communities worldwide.
“Our new site reflects the changes Solio has made internally over the past year. We have moved to a more energy efficient space in Oakland, Calif., we’re engaging with consumers more fluidly in social platforms, and we’re due to launch several new products this summer,” said Andy Howe, president of Solio. “Our new site will better encompass the changes we’re making as a company and help our customers make easier choices to find a Solio charging or lighting device that best suits their needs.”
The site has a fresh, new design that’s easier to navigate and includes:
1) A new side-by-side comparison page that helps consumers more easily match a Solio charging device to their phone, GPS unit, mp3 player, wearable camera, and over 3,000 personal electronics. Product descriptions help clearly identify the charge time, amount of charge given to a particular device, accessories included with each charger, and technical specifications.
2) An updated “Where to Buy” page better serves customers looking for Solio products locally. Retail locations and partners are listed for the U.S. and Canada.
3) The “Works With” page has been updated to make it even easier to determine if Solio can charge your specific portable device and which adapter tip you will need in order to do so.
4) A new section called “Solio on the Move” that promotes the global community of Solio users who proudly photograph and display the many uses they have for their devices. Solio invites users to explore and connect by uploading personal pictures to the Solio Flickr page; these photos are then streamed through Solio.com
5) Solio’s new YouTube video channel is given prominent billing on Solio.com and helps provide answers to common questions and explain the products' functions with simple, to-the-point instructional videos from Solio’s Oakland staff.
All of the new sections of the website are clearly labeled with tabs along the top of the page and map out the brand’s history, contact information, product support, and product overviews.
Please visit the new website at www.solio.com.
Solio is a developer and manufacturer of portable solar chargers and lighting systems, helping power work and play with renewable energy. Solio products are compatible with an enormous range of devices from GPS units to mp3 players, smartphones, and cameras. A nearly ten-year-old brand, the Oakland, CA-based company also enables communities in undeveloped parts of the world to have access to clean energy and lighting systems. Solio products are available for purchase through specialty retailers like REI, Sprint, RadioShack, and Apple. For more information, visit www.solio.com.
Inquiries: Craig Randall at Verde PR & Consulting | 303-718-6519 | email@example.com