SNEWS, the leading industry news service for the outdoor and fitness industries, has launched a Youth Reporting Team to help the industry gain insights from youth and to give the youth a chance to write, edit and share their opinions and news. Commentary and videos from our inaugural trade show reporting will come from Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2010 Aug. 2-6.
Although some team members are in place, there is room for more! Want to get a chance to write or blog about or film your outdoor experiences or the outdoor events you attend? Want to tell the outdoor industry how it should be thinking and acting to get more youth outdoors? Join us! If you are selected as an additional member of the inaugural SNEWS Youth Reporting Team, you will be mentored by a veteran news reporter, have the opportunity to write about events, and you may get invitations to review and comment on outdoor products, marketing campaigns and advertising messages from the youth perspective, plus you could receive an invitation to attend and report from an industry trade show with your expenses covered. You may even earn something for your time.
Interested? We want you to apply if you:
- love the outdoors and being active.
- enjoy writing and reporting.
- want to excite others your age with your enthusiasm.
- hope to change how the outdoor industry perceives and addresses youth, their interests and motivations.
- are interested in working with an editor to improve your writing and reporting skills.
- can meet deadlines.
- are willing and have the time for reporting and writing during the year.
SNEWS (www.snewsnet.com) is the leading voice of the outdoor industry – and has been for more than 25 years. We are on the cutting edge of news and investigations, industry education and business training. We want to use our reach to help you help the industry.