Polartec, LLC, the developer, manufacturer and marketer of Polartec® performance fabrics, announces the creation of a new athlete advisory board. The diverse, international group of world-class climbers, skiers, alpinists, cyclists, adventure racers and multi-sport athletes will test product year round and meet regularly with Polartec’s development team to provide feedback and discuss performance fabric technology.
“We’re incredibly excited to have such an amazing group of athletes on our team,” states Nate Simmons, global director of marketing for Polartec®. “Polartec extensively tests new fabrics both in the lab and the field and our advisory board will take real-world testing to a new level. We have a long list of new developments that they will be evaluating for consumer launches in 2011 and beyond.”
The new Polartec® Athlete Advisory Board consists of:
• Sari Anderson (30, Glenwood Springs, CO) is a national XC mountain bike champion, a world champion adventure racer and a top randonnée ski racer.
• Antoine Barthelemy (54 of Annecy, France) is an accomplished alpinist and ski mountaineer.
• Bill Belcourt (45, Salt Lake City, UT) is a crusty alpinist and champion paraglider pilot.
• Janet Bergman (29, Madison, NH) is an accomplished all-around climber and consultant to outdoor nonprofit organizations.
• Gord Betenia (47, Vancouver, BC) is a talented ice climber, mountaineer and gear flogger.
• Kelly Cordes (40, Estes Park, CO) is a renowned alpinist, climber, writer and self-proclaimed dirtbag.
• Nick Devore (24, Aspen, CO) is a telemark freeskiing world champion and ski mountaineer.
• Doug Heinrich (47, Salt Lake City, UT) is a world-class all-around climber and multi-sport athlete.
• Mike Kloser (49, Vail, CO) is a world champion mountain biker, adventure racer and legendary multi-sport athlete.
• Laurent Valette (39, Rotherens, France) is an accomplished ultra runner and adventure racer.
Polartec, LLC is the developer, manufacturer and marketer of Polartec® performance fabrics. Polartec® products range from lightweight wicking base layers, to insulation layers, to extreme weather protection and are utilized by the best clothing brands in the world. In addition, Polartec® fabrics are used extensively by all branches of the United States military including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Special Operations Forces. For more information, visit www.polartec.com