New cooling technology, hybrid designs, focus on sun protection characterize largest Spring/Summer apparel collection yet from OR.
SEATTLE, Wash. – Outdoor Research is focusing heavily on both innovative new materials as well as thoughtful design with its new Spring 2017 collection. The result is a compelling, differentiated line that seamlessly integrates technology and design with fresh styles that actually work harder and more effectively.
Outdoor Research is constantly evolving its product line, not only with new styles that use emerging innovations, but – equally important – with consistent improvement of its existing collection.
“We develop a lot of great new products, yet we never rest on our laurels either – we work to innovate with new styles as well as improving existing ones when there’s a cause, whether that’s fit, function, a new technology or paying attention to the finer details. We live by the mantra ‘improve every day,” said Dan Nordstrom, CEO of Outdoor Research.
The Spring 2017 launch is the largest spring/summer collection ever offered by Outdoor Research – the 120 new or updated styles feature some of the newest industry technology and on-trend silhouettes. The following themes inspired the development of the line:
- New Ways of Thinking – Whether it’s combining a unique pairing of materials in a hybrid-materials design, or exploring emerging fabric innovations, the OR product team is always challenging itself to think differently. Examples in the Spring 17 line include the Gauge Tee, which offers true metabolic cooling thanks to a unique, patterned combination of hydrophilic and hydrophilic yarns in a new Polartec fabric, and the Helium Hybrid Hooded Jacket, a piece that integrates two of Outdoor Research’s most tried-and-true fabrics into a hybrid jacket that balances weather protection with breathability.
- Leading in Sun Protection – No other brand offers the breadth of sun protection in an apparel collection as Outdoor Research. With more than 100 UPF rated shirts, pants, hats, sun sleeves and gloves, OR has thoughtfully created a sun collection that looks as good as it works. Equally as important as the strong UPF ratings are the styles themselves – on-trend cuts that look at home at the farmer’s market and the woods. The summer weight Baja Shirt, which is soft to the touch, with contemporary sun-bleached colors, is also UPF 50 rated – it’s super breathable, light weight, quick-drying and stretchy.
- Mountain Training – The Spring ’17 OR Mountain Training collection is inspired
by those who live to be fit, and thrive in mountain settings. It’s the broadest training collection yet offered by OR, with new styles in jackets, shirts, shorts and pants. Examples include the Boost Jacket, which combines a supple, stretchy wind-shell front with a wicking, super breathable stretch-woven fabric on the back and under the arms. Whether used for long trail runs or other types of aerobic cross training, these styles are built to work hard.
- Functional Style – Because people want apparel that works across different aspects of an active life, building apparel with casual everyday looks but underlying technical function is what’s driven the Outdoor Research Mountain Life collection from the beginning. And that’s also what has made it OR’s fastest-growing category. That focus continues in Spring 2017 with 51 new styles in men’s and women’s apparel and hats, and a particular focus on new women’s apparel styles. Examples include the Athena Wrap Top, a lightweight, flowy layer that functions well in a variety of active or casual situations thanks to its drirelease cotton-polyester slub knit fabric and Freshguard Anti-Odor control.
- Evolution in Packs, Hats and Gloves – OR has built its strong reputation on hats, gloves and accessories from the beginning, and continues to lead the way in this category. Next spring, Outdoor Research unveils five new packs, four of them waterproof, that are chameleons across different activities. In hats, OR continues to innovate with products like trucker hats that are built for true performance in different sports, including purpose driven designs for running, paddling and general trail use. And in gloves, OR continues to lead in sun protection with a new line of sun gloves and sun sleeves with ActiveIce cooling technology.
Outdoor Research will show its Spring 2017 collection at booth 17027 at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City, Aug. 3-6.
About Outdoor Research
Outdoor Research® is Designed by Adventure®. We provide Innovation and Inspiration for the Relentless Adventurer. Based in Seattle, Outdoor Research was founded in 1981. We are dedicated to building better outdoor apparel, gloves, hats and an array of other outdoor accessories informed by real-world testing. We develop innovative, functional, bomb-proof products that are beautiful in their simplicity. We strive to provide the best value to our customers, not shareholders. We are committed to our core sports: alpinism, rock and ice climbing, hiking, backpacking, paddling, trail running, and skiing and snowboarding. And we’re having fun along the way.
Media Contact: Dave Simpson | Verde Brand Communications | email@example.com