The program's mission is to inspire people to support solutions to help protect outdoor playgrounds.
Richmond, Calif., Oct. 19, 2017 –
Mountain Hardwear, Inc., an outdoor industry leader in product design and innovation, is proud to announce the launch of the Impact Initiative, a program featuring environmentalists, thought leaders, humanitarians and storytellers, working on a collective mission to inspire people to support solutions to help protect outdoor playgrounds.
Mountain Hardwear formally kicked off the program by introducing its team of ambassadors and showcasing their projects at an event in New York City. On the same day, the brand launched its website – www.mountainhardwear.com/impact - where people can learn about the program and the inspiring ambassadors.
The Impact Initiative is already in motion supporting a number of people including the groups featured below.
– Charles Post - Ecologist, storyteller and narrator for this initiative. Charles is a strong voice in the next generation of outdoor enthusiasts.
– Tashi & Nungshi Malik - Twin mountaineers from India who completed the Adventurers’ Grand Slam and skied to the North and South Pole to promote a message of gender equality.
– Chris and Steve Boyes - Environmentalists and biologists who are working to protect the largest water system in Africa, the Okavango Delta.
– Topher White - Physicist rigging solar panels to cell phones and installing them in tree canopies in the rainforest to pinpoint the sound of chain saws to help stop deforestation.
– Vincent Colliard - Polar explorer on a mission to cross the world’s 20 largest glaciers to raise awareness of their rapid decline of ice caps and the impact on the connected ecosystems.
Over the next few months and years, Mountain Hardwear will continue to seek out and shine a light on the stories of people dedicating their lives to making a difference in the world through environmental and humanitarian projects.
“If you are inspired by stories, please share them. Share them with friends and family members around the dinner table, during a hike or bike ride, or simply through social media. By sharing the work and positive impact of these ambassadors, we hope to reach more and more people who can support them and/or start a similar inspiring project to help protect the planet,” said Mountain Hardwear’s Global Vice President of Marketing Dennis Randall. “Within the outdoor community, we hope to inspire other brands to divert funds from traditional athlete programs to ones that directly support individuals developing innovative initiatives designed to humanitarian efforts and individuals with programs designed to help protect the environment.”
About Mountain Hardwear:
Founded on the principles of innovation and irreverence, our purpose is to build essential equipment for the outdoor industry that enables people to push as far, as high and as wide as their aspirations carry them. Our expedition tents have summited more of the world’s top peaks than any other brand and every product we make is designed and built with technical precision from this foundation. At Mountain Hardwear, Everything is Equipment.
Mountain Hardwear, Inc., founded in 1993 and based in Richmond, CA, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Columbia Sportswear Company and distributes its products through specialty outdoor, running, and sporting goods retailers in the United States and 58 countries worldwide. www.mountainhardwear.com
For more information contact JAM Media Collective Julie Atherton at 415.839.7546 or firstname.lastname@example.org