SEATTLE (September 22, 2020) - HEST, the designer of premium products built to make the great outdoors even greater and known for its original, patent-pending Sleep System, is excited to announce the launch of its newest product - the HEST Pillow. Launching today via Kickstarter - the new HEST Pillow is packable, comfortable and built for adventure so you can sleep well and play more.
HEST was founded in 2019 by longtime outdoor industry product engineer Aaron Ambuske who was looking for a better night’s sleep when spending nights outdoors. Previously, Ambuske spent 18 years designing skis at K2, introducing innovations that still shape the ski world today. Ambuske’s background also boasts product development and design work with IDeology, an advanced research and design consultancy based in Seattle.
“At HEST, we are focused on delivering the best possible sleep experience that brings the comforts of home with us to the outdoors,” said Aaron Ambuske, founder and CEO of HEST. “The HEST Pillow aligns with our motto of ‘sleep well, play more’ and pairs perfectly with both our Sleep System and Dually. The goal of launching the HEST Pillow is to have this be the last travel pillow anyone will ever need: it’s portable, personal and comfortable.”
HEST continues to develop and deliver high-performance, low-maintenance camping solutions for a good night’s sleep in order to get the most out of the outdoor experience. The key HEST Pillow product features include:
- Home Pillow Comfort - Soft stretchable nylon twill cover that naturally enables comfort and moisture movement for temperature regulation while you sleep. The Pillow is moderate loft and uses shredded memory-foam fill to adapt, contour and provide optimal alignment, support and pressure point relief.
- Integrated Stow Travel Cover - The Pillow compacts into a smaller size, machine washable, dirt & water resistant cover with zipper protection keeping the pillow clean and fresh during travel.
- Easy Carry Loop When not in use, the Pillow’s easy carry loop provides a clip-able carry solution for hands-free travel and transport.
- Portable Construction - Measuring at 22”, the Pillow’s curved shape contours to your head and neck while staying in place when sleeping in more upright positions. Built for all-terrain travel and ready to go anywhere your head goes.
Pillow Tech Specs
- Pillow Fill: Blended Enhanced Memory Foam and Polyester
- Dimensions: 22 x 15 x 8 inches
- Packed Dimensions: 14 x 9 x 7
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Inside Cover Fabric: Nylon Stretch Twill
- Outside Cover Fabric: Nylon Heathered Woven with PU Backing
- Color: Blue
- Retail: $79
The HEST Pillow is now live on Kickstarter with multiple rewards and bundling options. A single HEST Pillow is listed at a pledge level of $68; and a Family Pack of HEST Pillows is listed at a pledge level of $222. For a limited time, when you purchase a Sleep System, you get a Pillow for free. When all pledges and goals are met, products are expected to ship by December 2020.
HEST brings the comfort of home to the outdoors, producing quality outdoor products that build community around camping. HEST develops and delivers high-performance, low-maintenance camping solutions for getting the most of your outdoor experience. HEST was founded in 2019 by outdoor industry product and engineer Aaron Ambuske who was looking for a better night’s sleep when spending nights outdoors. The result was the HEST Sleep System, a two-part portable camp mattress that features an inflatable drop-stitch platform on the bottom and a two-layer foam pad on top to create a comfortable car-camping sleep system. After the successes of the Sleep System alongside consumer feedback and consideration, HEST released the two-person Dually in 2020 and now the new HEST pillow for a complete and compatible sleep system. Learn more about HEST at www.hest.com.