Jackets made from recycled merino, warmer and stronger mid layers, and stunning travel garments feature in Icebreaker’s bold new collection
Wellington, New Zealand (January 2014) - Icebreaker has launched its most exciting season ever, with a huge range of styles that take merino innovation and sustainability to a new level.
Highlights of the Fall/Winter 2014 collection include new MerinoLOFT jackets – Icebreaker’s warmest-ever jackets, made with recycled fabrics. In another technological breakthrough, Icebreaker has re-engineered its mid-layer sweaters, hoodies and jackets to be warmer, stronger and lighter.
There are new pieces in Icebreaker’s Black Sheep collection of fine-gauge knitwear, a hugely expanded travel and lifestyle wardrobe, innovative woven shirts and pants, a signature range of artist-inspired graphics, and an expanded range of socks and accessories.
Fall/Winter 2014 is one of the most exciting seasons in the company’s history, says Rob Achten, Icebreaker Creative Director and Vice President of Product.
“Sustainability and respect for nature are part of our DNA, so making the technological leap that enabled the use of recycled merino in our MerinoLOFT jackets is a breakthrough for us,” he says. "We’re offering a greatly expanded range of premium merino garments for lightweight winter layering. Whether you’re wearing Icebreaker for travel and lifestyle, sport or in the outdoors, there is something for you in this collection.”
Highlights of Icebreaker’s Fall/Winter 2014 range include:
- Technical and lifestyle jackets made from MerinoLOFT, a new lightweight insulation created from premium wool fibers. Ten percent of the loft comes from merino offcuts recycled from the factory floor, while the jackets’ water repellent shell is made from recycled polyester.
- Next generation mid layers. Merino wool is wrapped around a nylon core and then brushed to create sweaters, hoodies and jackets that are warmer, stronger and lighter.
- New travel and lifestyle garments, including chunky-knit Black Sheep premium sweaters and cardigans, lifestyle and alpine-inspired sweaters, woven shirts and pants, and a new dress and skirt.
- A signature range of geometric prints based on original designs by international snow artist Simon Beck.
- A comfort upgrade for Icebreaker’s sock range, plus new styles, colours and designs in socks, hats, scarves and gloves.
Icebreaker merino clothing for the outdoors, technical sports and lifestyle includes underwear, mid layer garments, outerwear, socks and accessories for men, women and children. Icebreaker is based in Wellington, New Zealand, and is sold in more than 3000 stores in 44 countries. See icebreaker.com for more information about Icebreaker, and jeremymoon.me for more information on Icebreaker founder and CEO Jeremy Moon.