A Statement from Steve Wasik, CEO of SIGG Switzerland
First, I want to commend Michael Hodgson for the accuracy, thoroughness and fairness of his recent article – “Aluminum Bottles You Are Selling May Not Be BPA Free.”
I also want to make a few things very clear to our community of outdoor retail partners about what they can expect from SIGG:
• We will continue to listen to our partners and proudly lead the reusable bottle category in alliance with our retailers.
• We will enthusiastically drive freshness, design and innovation in the category.
• We will fight the influx of low-priced, low-quality Chinese water bottles and ensure that consumers have all of the facts related to reusable bottles.
• We will work tirelessly to make sure that our retailers at all levels are well informed and are able to easily and confidently sell SIGG products.
• We will continue to market SIGG, fight-the-fight against plastic disposable bottles and drive retail traffic by advertising in national magazines such as Outside, Backpacker and others.
• We will firmly stand behind and defend the quality and safety of all of our products with all means.
• We will not engage in tactics that create undue controversy and foster confusion or stoop to desperate attempts to gain market share.
• We will, as we always have, work with our retail partners to grow a mutually beneficial, sustainable business together.
SIGG has been in business for over 100 years and, as most of you know, we manufacture all of our SIGG-branded bottles in our own factory in Frauenfeld Switzerland under strict quality controls. Our bottles with the former liner and our new BPA Free EcoCare liner have been put through rigorous safety testing both in Switzerland and in the U.S. All tests continue to show that SIGG bottles are safe and leach-free.
SIGG Switzerland has earned a reputation for quality, safety and trust. If some consumers are concerned that our former liner contained non-leaching BPA, we encourage you to answer their questions to the best of your abilities and feel free to guide them to our information site: http://www.mysigg.com/bulletin/.
And if you or they are still not satisfied, please contact me directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGG Switzerland CEO