- Wolverine footwear will once again sponsor the top music event at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in Salt Lake City. To help create and execute all of the 2013 event details, in conjunction with World Sound Productions, Wolverine is teaming up with Verde PR & Consulting, led by Kristin Carpenter-Ogden. This year’s headliner has yet to be announced. Last year, Michael Franti and Spearhead rocked the house.
- Nathan Sports, in Sharon Hill, Pa., hired Lindsay Cousley and Mike Haky to the role of regional sales managers in key territories for the brand. As Western regional sales manager, Cousley will lead and direct all sales efforts in the West Coast, Pacific Northwest, Hawaii, and Alaska, while Haky will do the same for all states in the New England, Middle Atlantic, and Southeastern regions as Eastern Regional sales manager. Cousley brings sales leadership from previous roles with Crumpler, PacSafe, Oobe and Bridgedale Socks; and Haky brings sales managerial experience from previous roles with Adidas, Columbia Sportswear, and Coleman.
- Brooks Range Mountaineering Equipment, in Fremont, Calif., named Carl Kirkpatrick, owner of Appalachian Woods, as its Southeast sales rep. Kirkpatrick will cover all Brooks Range sales in Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
- Nikwax North America, in Seattle Wash., named Outdoor Marketing Alliance (OMA) as its rep agency to support it in 20 states in the Southeast, South Central and Upper Midwest. Headed up by outdoor industry veterans Morris Swarts and Hal Lunn, Outdoor Marketing Alliance has 16 representatives covering the eastern two-thirds of the United States. It represents outdoor brands including Princeton Tec, Drake Waterfowl Systems, Lorpen Socks and Alps Mountaineering, to name a few.
- Salomon Sports, in Ogden, Utah, hired Up East Sales, led by Judd Feingold, to represent its Salomon’s alpine and outdoor apparel lines in the Northeast. Feingold and his three-person team already represent Salomon footwear and will now cover apparel in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Talus Outdoor Technologies, in Missoula, Mont., named Rock Gear Distribution, led by Ian Lowe-Wylde, as is exclusive distributor in Canada.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at email@example.com.