- Salewa North America, in Boulder, Colo. hired Eric Henderson as its new communications manager. Henderson will oversee media outreach, social media efforts, online marketing, athletes and core related events for the Salewa, Dynafit and Pomoca brands. Henderson, with 20 years of ski guide experience, has spent the last three years representing Salewa and Dynafit at Denny Ink. in Jackson Hole, Wyo., and now shifts to a full-time position with Salewa in Boulder.
- Deuter USA and Ortovox USA, in Longmont Colo., added new sales reps and increased responsibilities for several others. The company tapped Laird Jones to represent Deuter in Hawaii, and it added Dave Donahue of Kinetic Reps to be part of its team in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Delaware and eastern Maryland. Kevin Cox with Alpine Exposure Inc., who currently represents Deuter in the South Central territory, will add the Midwest to his territory, along with Ortovox for both territories. And Bruce Hooker with the Sterling Group, who currently represents Deuter in northern California and Nevada, will add southern California and Arizona territories, working closely with Bill Sterling, and add Ortovox for all four territories.
- Johnson Outdoors, in Racine, Wis., restructured key sales positions in its outdoor gear and watercraft divisions with an aim to expand its presence in the specialty retail market. Twelve-year veteran of the company, Paul Johnson, was named senior director of sales where he will focus on driving sales across both the watercraft and outdoor gear divisions and expanding distribution. Chris Lussier was named senior regional/international sales manager for the outdoor gear division and Jetboil, where he will focus exclusively on the company’s camping and hiking brands. Lussier was sales and marketing vice president at Jetboil, which was acquired by Johnson Outdoors in November 2012. Gregg Gunderman was appointed eastern regional sales manager for the watercraft division and Jeff Cunningham was named western regional sales manager for key accounts in the watercraft and outdoor gear divisions, along with Jetboil.
- Footbalance North America, in Boulder, Colo., appointed Ken Anderson as its new Western Canada sales representative. Anderson will be responsible for expanding the Footbalance dealer base within the Canadian territories of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Eastern British Columbia. In addition, one of his key initiatives is to make Footbalance a stronger player in the marketplace.
- OtzShoes, in Malibu, Calif., named Bob Rief as its new CEO. Rief will take over the position from OTZShoes Founder Ludo Malmoux, who will move into the role of president and creative director. Rief perviously served as the President and CEO of Reef, CEO of Sanuk Footwear, and most recently COO of Boardworks Surf.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at email@example.com.
--Compiled by David Clucas