Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- Illegal offense: During the month-long government shutdown that ended Jan. 25, 2019, the Trump administration illegally used National Park fees to keep parks open, the Government Accountability Office found. Here's what that means.
- Outdoor Afro was featured on the Today Show in a 5-minute segment. It focuses on New York City leader Katina Grays. "The outdoors belong to everybody," she says. "The trees don't care what color you are."
- New dates: The Outdoor Innovation Awards are shifting to the Outdoor + Snow Show in January 2020. Winners will be unveiled during a live ceremony on the second night in Denver.
- Career development opportunity: L.L.Bean is giving 22 employees an onsite MBA education. As part of an agreement between the two organizations, employees will participate in classes taught by Husson University professors at L.L.Bean’s corporate headquarters beginning this month.
- Beloved old barn: The Overmountain Shelter, a popular spot for thru-hikers, was recently closed because a support beam broke.The Appalachian Trail Conservancy says it's no longer considered safe for overnight stays.
- Roval Components has partnered with ECHOS Communications for PR and marketing services. Born in the '70s in France and later acquired by Specialized, Roval Components creates wheels for discerning cyclists.
- Farm To Feet will be represented by DIY Outdoors in the Mid-Atlantic territory and the Sespe Group in the Southwest. DIY Outdoors, headed by agency principle Tad Fox, will be responsible for servicing New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C. The Sespe Group is lead by Chris Morissette, who will be representing the brand in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Hawaii.
- Under Armour hired Stephanie Pugliese as president, North America. Pugliese just resigned as president, CEO, and board member of Duluth Trading Company.
- OROS partnered with Akimbo Communications to oversee the company’s communications and media relations in North America.
- Mountain Hardwear partnered with Press Forward on media relations, product placement, and communications strategy. “Having our account manager, Alex Showerman, help us tell our stories just feels right,” said Ashlee Peterson, Mountain Hardwear’s marketing PR and community coordinator.