Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- The Outdoor Gear Builders of Western North Carolina (OGB)—a collective of more than 30 gear brands—were awarded with $124,250 to open their doors to even more members. The grant is part of the $940,000 investment from the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) POWER Program.
- The couple who died in a fall at Taft Point in Yosemite National Park were reportedly taking a photo of themselves using a tripod. They ran a blog and Instagram called Holidays and Happily Ever Afters.
- Mountain Khakis, known for making great multi-use pants, just came out with the garments you wear underneath pants—underwear! The brand today introduced new Bison Boxers and Bison Boxer Briefs made of Alpine Mesh fabric with a brushed waistband, inseam action gusset, and flatlock seams. “It just makes sense to include underwear in our lineup,” said Ned Hutchinson, MK Senior Product Manager. “We’ve been working on fit and function in men’s pants for 15+ years, and this offering perfectly compliments our retailers’ programs, as well as the needs of our loyal customers.”
- In other MK news, the Posse Program is back for fall 2018. Designed for retailers, the program offers employee training and incentives for selling MK products from now until the end of the year.
- Maine’s Good To-Go is growing. This fall, the brand completed a 900-square-foot addition to a building they built two years ago, while adding another two members to the office and three to production.
- Katadyn Group has hired Mike Jue to the team as new General Manager at Spectra Watermakers. Jue brings more than 20 years of experience in engineering and product development with a number of notable brands, including Camelbak, NASSCO, Hewlett-Packard, Easton Sports, and Underwater Kinetics.
- Sherpa Adventure Gear has partnered with Apex Outdoor Sales to bring high quality outdoor and lifestyle gear to the South Central region of the United States.