Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- #MidtermsMatter: Patagonia and a number of other companies gave its employees the day off to go vote. How do you feel about midterm results?
- Merrell has launched the One Trail project to celebrate diversity on the trail and seek to contemporize attitudes about outdoor participation. The first element of the campaign is a mural of portraits taken on trails across the country on Sept. 1, commemorated in an online gallery at Merrell.com/OneTrail.
- For the third year in a row, United By Blue (UBB) is urging consumers to re-evaluate their plans the day after Thanksgiving and participate in a Blue Friday DIY cleanup. This time around, UBB will be collecting and sharing data from the initiative with the science community.
- Boys vs. girls: The Girl Scouts have sued the Boy Scouts of America, claiming its new name "Scouts" causes confusion in communities across the U.S.
- David Vela's confirmation hearing as National Park Service director is slated for Nov. 15, when he will be considered by the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Vela was nominated for the role in August and if confirmed, would bring decades of experience in the service.
- HydraPak has acquired Boulder-based Polar Bottle, the first re-usable water bottle to address heat loss during long rides. “Our brands share many common values, and we look forward to building on their legacy," HydraPak CEO Matt Lyon said in a news release.
- One Eleven, maker of solar-powered watches, has partnered with OutsidePR to manage its public relations and communications strategy in North America.
- Vasque Footwear welcomed industry veteran Peter McConkie as its new National Sales Manager. This month, McConkie will begin to head up leadership of the domestic sales team, providing the highest level of sales support and direction.
- Diamond Brand Outdoors announced the promotion of Lauren Rash to Chief Operating Officer. Previously VP of Operations for Diamond Brand Gear, Rash has been with the brand since 2016.