Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com
- Look for the hashtag #LeaveLessOR during Outdoor Retailer Winter Market. Boulder-based EcoVessel is launching an initiative to reduce single-use plastic at the trade show kicking off on Thursday in Denver, Colorado.
- After the show comes to a close on Sunday, it's time to start planning for the next show: Outdoor Retailer Snow Show in January 2019. We've put together three deadlines you should met if you want to be featured in The Daily, the show's only official magazine.
- Because President Donald Trump shrunk Utah’s Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, ancient fossils could be threatened if energy developers move in and take over sites.
- U.S. Interior Department Secretary Ryan Zinke wants to realign the department into 12 unified regions, which means relocating decision-makers from Washington to field offices. It could happen as early as July 1.
- Colorado consumers in the state's north central region spent the most ($2.8 billion) on outdoor recreation equipment, according to the NPD Group. The Denver metro region came in second.
- Mountain Equipment's Tupilak 37 alpine pack will be recognized in Rock & Ice magazine's Best In Gear Awards, featured in the December 2018 issue.
- And lastly, OutdoorIndustryJobs.com has a new look.