Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at email@example.com.
- Joe Prebich, formerly of Native, Fjällräven, and most recently, Mammut, is planning "exponential growth" for Eyebobs, a Minneapolis-based designer eyewear maker. “We see ourselves in double-digit growth mode in every channel every year for the next five years,” Prebich told the Star Tribune.
- Tariffs update: An explainer from Bicycle Retailer and Industry News looks at how the trade war isn't over just yet.
- KEEN helps the homeless: At the beginning of November, Grassroots Outdoor Alliance members constructed over 1,000 KEEN “Smile Kits” during the Connect Show. The kits will be distributed to homeless populations in Denver by the Denver Rescue Mission (DRM) and the Denver Health Paramedic Division (DHPD), two local non-profits.
- Coffee for a cause: Alpine Start is selling a limited edition run of its “Coffee For The Climate” instant coffee. One dollar from every box sold will go directly to the non-profit Protect Our Winters (POW). The box (left) features custom art inspired by winter activities from Alvaro Ilizarbe and includes eight sachets of Alpine Start’s 100% High Altitude Columbian Arabica instant coffee. To further support POW, Alpine Start has become a member of 1% of the Planet, giving its 1% of sales directly to the organization. Customers interested in purchasing the coffee can find it through the winter season at alpinestartfoods.com and at REI stores nationwide.
- Merger in the paddlesports category: Native Watercraft and Liquidlogic Kayaks, together with Bonafide Kayaks, merged businesses. Bonafide Kayaks Founder Luther Cifers will serve the combined business as president.
- Big Agnes is celebrating Garth Evans' retirement and contributions over his 35 years in the outdoor industry. The brand's longtime sales director helped grow Big Agnes into a global brand and successfully launched new categories, including tents and shelters, apparel, and camp furniture. The company is planning a roast in his honor at its annual holiday party.
- DPS continues to grow its global presence with the addition of Norway Distributor Roxee Sport AS and regional sales representatives Sasso Vertical Sales in Western Canada and Heimo Baer in Austria. These veteran additions look to service three of DPS’ fastest growing markets.
- Rab recently announced that is has named Boulder-based Meteorite PR as its public relations firm of record as it continues to broaden its footprint in the United States.
- A thought-provoking read: Why National Parks Should Be Part Of Our Public Health Strategy (Mind Body Green)