Keep up by reading Industry Buzz. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marinel de Jesus wants Outdoor Industry Association to take a stand and lead the industry on DEI.
- Last week at Outdoor Retailer, Alicia Ferreira de Sousa from L’École de la Maille de Paris was announced the winner of the inaugural adidas x Woolmark Performance Challenge, which received applications from more than 500 students at 58 universities across Europe and North America.
- On Giving Tuesday (Nov. 27), Backcountry is making it easy for anybody to donate with $1, $3, and $5 buttons built in at checkout. All proceeds will go to the Nature Conservancy—where Backcountry has given $100,000 in corporate gifts already.
- MSR is also participating in Giving Tuesday. The brand's new nonprofit, the MSR Impact Project, launches to encourage people to donate to safe water projects.
- Military veterans have banded together to sign a letter urging Congress to conserve water and land across the nation. Wilderness areas offer them a chance to heal from stresses of service, they wrote in the letter.
- Revision Military, a world leader in tactical eyewear, armor and protective systems, announced today it has expanded to create a new brand in the outdoor industry, Revision Outdoor. The new brand will make eyewear for hunters, anglers, and outdoor adventurers.
- Black Diamond Equipment announced changes within its marketing, sales, and product teams. Jan-Willem Driessen was appointed global vice-president of marketing and DTC sales. Claire Diepenbrock was appointed to eCommerce marketing director. Brenna Priest was appointed national field sales manager. Lastly, Meghan Clough was named category director of Black Diamond’s mountain division of products.
- Purist, the stainless bottle maker, has partnered with Meteorite PR.
- Climbing Magazine announced the hiring of Kevin Riley as Associate Publisher. He was previously in the role and brings a dozen years of experience in ad sales and in the outdoor industry.