Keep up on the news, even among the trade show madness. Here are today's top headlines:
Have a news tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Big news: Powder, Bike, Snowboarder, and 11 other sports and adventure media brands—all under TEN: Publishing's Adventure Sports Network—were just acquired by American Media, a New York publisher of tabloids, books, and magazines, including Men's Journal. While Forbes reported that there have been no staff reductions, we've heard otherwise, but have been unable to confirm. We reached out to three insiders, but have not heard back. This story is still developing.
- Tender Corporation (Adventure Medical Kits, Survive Outdoors Longer, etc.) has been acquired by Victor Capital Partners, parent company of PrimaLoft.
- Didn't go to the show or have a chance to pick up The Voice? Keep an eye out next week for a story about how to get a copy delivered and how to sign up for the next two editions. In the meantime, read our stories about REI, sexual misconduct, and elitism in the industry.
- Gear Junkie wrote a story about us and the new trade journal!
- Good deeds: Outdoor Retailer is giving away $5 to the National Park Foundation to help with restoration efforts for every survey about the Snow Show completed—whether you were there or not.
- Feedback: "Three days is enough and it would've made more sense to have OR Tuesday to Thursday with Friday as the Demo Day." —Massimo Alpian, OutsidePR
- Take our poll: Are you going to Demo Days on Monday and Tuesday?
- Throughout the show, we compiled some of the things we heard people say in the halls.
- And lastly, our favorite booth today was Four Sigmatic, a Finland-born brand that specializes in mushroom-based drinks and was a first-time exhibitor at OR. Free chai samples, the brand's mushroom mobile's name is Mauri, and one employee was even wearing mushroom-print pants. I mean, come on.